Format: Hardcover|Change

on 11 November 2013
I saw this exhibition in Los Angeles at the end of September. A very moving experience. The catalogue is a comprehensive summary of James Turrell's work. As well as including the exhibition constructions it includes chapters on his ongoing project at the Roden Crater (much talked about but previously few photographs or documents have been published) and photographs of all the sky spaces he has built across the world. Essays are scholarly but accessible. A lovely, if weighty production. I ordered mine the night before I left LA and was woken at 8.00 by the Amazon delivery the first morning of my arrival home - which meant it arrived 12 hours after I did and I didn't have to carry it on the flight back to London!! James Turrell has just been voted one of the 12 most important living artists in a Vanity Fair poll and this is an excellent summary of his career to-date.
on 16 June 2014
Unbelievable quality of publication. It includes a series of very interesting essays and countless images of high-quality printing. I'd recommend to anyone who's interested in light art, installation art or just wants to add a great publication in their collection.
on 11 December 2015
Great item. This is to be a Christmas present so the recipient's views are not yet known, but it is exactly what was wanted.
on 1 September 2014
As I am a huge fan of James Turrell I can only say: another winner. A book to be dipped into and considered. I love it!