Customer reviews

on 10 October 2010
I confess I was never that enthusiastic about modern architecture - until I saw the Top Gear "super cars do France" episode which ended at the truly jaw droppingly beautiful Millau Viaduct. Keen to find out who had dreamed up such an epic structure, I found myself looking in more detail at the work of Foster and Partners, and finding that there were many iconic buildings by them I'd seen without realising who the architect was.

OK so it isn't a cheap book, and simply calling it a "catalogue" doesn't exactly do it justice, but the catalogue is a great way of appreciating the variety of interesting and thought provoking work the practice has undertaken. Packed full of photos, commentary, concept sketches etc.

Its very much project focused, so there is only a little bit about Norman Foster and the practice, so I guess you'll need to buy one of Norman Foster's books to find out more about the man himself.

So bearing in mind it directly contributed to me finally getting what modern architecture was all about, it was a very good buy for me.
on 19 March 2012
Wow! What a fantastic book! Just received today and had a quick look through. Lots of favourites appear and some not known as well, or even aware they were by Norman Foster.The book is huge - approx 11x9 inches and weighs 2 kilos. This gives tremendous scope for wonderful photographs, often across two pages.The images are superb, with just 3 being Trafalgar Square,the Millau viaduct and the Reichstag, but you could pick anywhere at random in the book for the most beautiful photographs from some incredible viewpoints.
If you have any interest in architecture, or just in the buildings around you this book is an absolute must. At it's current price of £6.80 it's little dearer than a magazine and must be the publishing bargain of the decade. Buy this book and enjoy it for years to come. As you have probably worked out by now I unreservedly recommend this book.
on 31 March 2014
to appreciate this wonderful retrospective of arguably Britain's greatest living architect. It contains a comprehensive review of most of Norman Foster's projects from his rise in the 60s to his eminent postion as the father of post-modernism in the 21st Century. Beautifully illustrated a must for all lovers of the modern.
on 16 March 2013
I spent ages looking at this. Love it. I have no Architectural knowledge, just love buildings, especially Mr Fosters'. I can really recommend this.
on 23 July 2013
I was very pleased with this book it made a great present, it was well illustrated and was just what I was expecting