on 26 January 2003
There are many books available on motion graphics at the moment but this must top the list of must buys. The book is basically divided into two sections: a guide to designing moving type and a showcase of work from students and professionals alike. But where as most books just show you an endless number of photos and illustrations, this one is accompanied by a CD-Rom that contains all the examples used in the book. It's an essential part of the package, especially if you consider the subject we're dealing with. I hope that other publications in this area will follow this example.
on 29 January 2001
Coming from a print background, I have had to develop and prepare myself. The digital age has opened so many new doors for me, in a purely creative context. This book has helped me understand and appreciate the multitude of things one can do with the help of new software. The important thing is that it has been refined to a beautiful a subtle art.
Lawrence Garwood