on 28 October 2013
I find I get more out of this small dictionary when using it in conjunction with common phrase books. It's not the most comprehensive dictionary but it certainly meets my own needs.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 October 2003
This is a very good norwegian dictionary. It's small and useful and it provides the gender of the nouns! (very important). However I haven't seen yet any similar dictionary of norwegian, swedish or danish which provides the verb forms, or at least its stem. So you will need a more proffessional book if you are serious learning these things.
on 28 December 2001
I dont speak Norwegian but am about to start to learn. I found this book very helpful to understand written Norwegian, it has a handy phrase section but to speak norwegian you really need to learn. What I found most helpful was the food and drink section. This was really helpful to explain to my Norwegian boyfriend what we were eating in England and vice-versa.
This book is best used as a reference aid not to teach you Norwegian.
I live in Norway and have been carrying the book with me, half the everyday word I have looked up were not in the book, proving to be not very helpful at all