Customer reviews

La chasse a l'ours
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 30 July 2017
I bought this for my niece's first birthday she speaks both French and English (very basic words just now e.g. Mum/dad gran/grandad etc) but will be bilingual as she grows up. Great book!! Good quality and very similar to the English version.
on 31 July 2017
a favourite in English and French
on 2 October 2017
Fine for reading with one child but I was expecting it to be the same size as the English copies I have so not so good for showing to a group.
on 29 April 2013
I'm always looking for rhyming / repetitive books in french for my husband to share with our son. Sometimes the translations just don't work (Le petit gruffalo is not great).

But this one is great. The sounds on each page for the grass, water, mud etc have also been changed to suit the French language.

I highly recommend this translation of a classic story.
on 26 July 2017
My grandson's favourite book in French - ideal for his birthday. Good clear pictures and words. Exactly right when he begins learning French in September.
on 1 April 2014
I read this to my 5 year old, and he knows the story in english so can understand the words I speak from the pictures. It's a great way to expose children to another language. fab story too!
on 17 March 2014
So lovely to be able to use French and English version when reading with bilingual children - just a shame it is half the size of the English version.
on 14 August 2015
Love this book - arrived in reasonable time. It is larger than I expected (larger than A4) but still good if a little pricey - probably due to size.
on 19 October 2016
The french is harder than some books, but I can't mark it down for that. It seems like a nice book.
on 22 January 2015
super translation with the same 'movement' in the words as the original english version