TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 June 2013
I read The Little Prince in French (Le Petit Prince) a long time ago, when I was a child and still dreaming that the world was without flaw. And I have always loved it, even as an adult, I have read it many times and to my relief, the magic has always been there, and the nostalgia too.

I hope the message in the Little Prince is not totally lost today, in this modern world, where children play on Ipads and xbox but do not how to look at a rose anymore (well, I hope some of them, some of us, still do).

This little book has some very important messages. St Exupéry, through the Little Prince says that basically, we only appreciate what we have once we lost it. The Petit Prince was too young to understand love, and therefore, went to see if the grass was greener the other side. Also, it shows that love is in the eye of the beholder, as when when The Little Prince finds himself in a rose garden, he realises that his rose was not unique, so, he become sad, but this discovery also gives birth to a sentiment of responsibility. His rose was selfish, extremely demanding but she did not know she was not unique. So, we also have a bit of pity here.
And we worry about unimportant things or things that have not happened. It is also the story of strong friendship (the silver fox).

The style of the book is very simple because it is primarily for children, but it is also for adults, to invite them to rediscover their inner child, or the child they were. Because, after all, and I loosely quote Antoine de St Exupéry, adults were children once but they have forgotten.

If, as an adult, you have not read The Little Prince, then please, do so. The drawings are beautiful too. And after all, what if the story of the Little Prince was simply a dream?

Or maybe, you will meet your own silver fox?

I have not read yet the English version but I have just bought it.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 October 2013
I already owned this in proper book form but buying it on Kindle, to read on my iPad has an extravagance I have not regretted. I also have a French/English dictionary for Kindle on my iPad and when I read this book, if I come to a word I don't understand I can tap on it and it brings up the dictionary translation. You can set the dictionary to look in the dictionary you choose and won't change for that book unless you change it.
Then also I can highlight (in a choice of colours) words or phrases that I want to ask about in my french class and then take it along with me.

Other than all that, it is a charming little story, which I have already read a couple of times in English.
on 26 July 2014
I have always loved this story, particularly with the original illustrations by the author. It is sweet, gentle and ultimately sad. I have seen later editions with other artists' illustrations and they lack the sympathy with the subject that Saint-Exupéry's little drawings have. I chose the French Edition, because I read French well enough to appreciate it. My Kindle does not have colour, so I downloaded it to my iPad, where it can be better seen and appreciated. There is a computer game based on the story, which I bought for my grandson and which also has the original illustrations.
on 30 April 2014
This seem to be a very simple book- a children's book but gives a wonderful observation of human life, describing different emotions in a variety of colours.
It is my favorite book of all times with a lot of life lessons to be learnt.
I read it every couple of years.

Read it once- you will be captivated, read it twice and read inbetween the lines, and you will be blown away.
on 17 April 2018
Love it. I am studying it at french class , and then will pass onto my grandson when he is ready. Lovely story and pictures.
on 22 June 2016
My wife had searched in vain in France for a copy of this lovely classic. She then found this one on Amazon. It was not new but arrived quickly and in excellent condition. She has enjoyed renewing her acquaintance with Le Petit Prince and is looking forward to reading it with her grandchildren one day.
on 4 April 2018
As advtertised no issues.
on 16 February 2017
First book I bought for my baby son, even ahead of all illustrated board books, if there's one view of the world I want to offer him, it's summarised in this book
on 30 December 2016
A classic of all life in a very nice and careful edition with a large format for good reading
on 12 September 2015
A good book for helping with spanish and good story not just for kids. But there is a cheaper kindle edition here: