on 18 December 2010
If J K Rowling had drawn this book to its conclusion three-quarters of the way through, when the appalling Dolores Ombrage gets her come-uppance at the hands of the Weasley twins, it would deserve seven stars.

The author is at her best when she allows her humour free reign, and a lot of HP no 5 is very funny indeed. Personally I found climax no 2, the long-drawn-out battle between Harry and Co and the Mangemorts, rather tedious stuff - almost as tedious as a description of a Quidditch match.

In particular I wish we didn't read on every other page that Harry is trembling with fear, or that Hermione appears terrified. It tends to diminish rather than add to the excitement. Just stop eating all those sweets, Harry, and you'll feel a lot calmer.
on 6 September 2017
What can I say? Just amazing storytelling and characters. My favourite series of all time.
on 3 October 2017
My daughter could not put it down and took it with her to the hotel restaurant for lunch and dinner (we were on holiday at the time). Fantastic to see her do some much reading instead of staring at a smartphone.
on 29 September 2017
Granddaughter loves it and is reading the full series
on 14 September 2017
As my wife is enjoying the read, I am happy!
on 27 May 2017
Brilliant books. Read the whole series.
on 12 September 2017
superb books by J.K.Rowling - enough said
on 11 June 2017
It's Harry Potter, what's not to love.
on 20 March 2017
My Grand daughter loved it.
on 1 November 2017
Love the new book covers!!