on 17 December 2012
Best scale atlas I could find. Clear mapping with lots of features and spiralbound so can be opened fully at any page.
on 5 January 2013
This latest atlas is great on detail and very comprehensive. However, compared to the AA version which I have purchased in previous years the pages are very flimsy and as it is spiral bound it doesn't feel like it will last very long before the pages start to fray and tear. Better quality and a few more pounds on the price would be well worth while
on 10 March 2013
classic guide to driving in France. Never fails. I have been buying this every year for the last 5 years which is worth doing as investment in the French road building programme is considerable and cheaper than sat nav updates.
on 20 April 2014
In fact I had to send this back - the delivery time was long, and we had already gone to France. When I looked at it, I reckoned I would not have enjoyed using it, as the format meant that little was covered on each page. You would be better buying the Michelin map covering the whole of France and then large-scale maps of the individual areas.
on 9 February 2014
How can a map be terrible? Somehow, this one can!! So difficult to plan a route as the pages cover too much detail. Travel over 50km and you've probably had to look at 6+ pages. On top of that, the roads all seem to have about 3 numbers each. We were France novices, and it showed with this map! Thank goodness for google maps
on 27 September 2013
I spent three weeks traveling around France this Summer and thanks to this road atlas I made it home again.
It is a really good size...big enough to see enough detail on each page but not too big (like some) to be awkward.
I am so glad I bought this, it includes additional detail maps and info on all the main cities which I was passing through and allowed me to plan my way around without always using the toll roads.
One word of caution...sometimes there are toll charges on roads where the map suggest it should be toll free...even so it is the perfect atlas for a trip to France!
on 17 October 2013
Good level of detail on the map for driving around France. The A4 size also works well and A3 would probably be too large for the passenger to handle. The fact that France is a large country and this is an A4 map does mean the map is fairly dense with detail in places, so some concentration is required to navigate but that's not an issue.
on 9 September 2013
Just picking up this atlas made me feel like I was in France. Love the binding style - no more annoying page creases in the wrong place. I miss a hard cover but overall, excellent mapping and indexing. Great job as usual from Michelin, the masters.
on 29 July 2013
This A4 version is easy to use and much more user friendly than the larger versions I have bought in previous years. Only downside is that the towns/cities/villages which have recommended hotels/restaurants are not underlined as with the previous maps I have purchased
on 24 July 2013
I updated my much-used and highly valued 2008 edition with this one. It is more compact which makes handling easier and the details and scale are identical. The ring binding looks sturdier and less likely to tear pages. An excellent, tried and tested, French mapbook.