Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 30 November 2012
I always use the Michelin series as the scale is good particularly when following a battlefield guide book such as "Walking Arras " by Paul Reed. I am also planning to follow the route of the 10th Service Battalion RWF in their led up to the Arras battle April 1917. All the villages mentioned in the War Diaries are easily found on the Michelin maps. Also very good for map reading in a vehicle or on foot.
on 29 September 2016
I bought this map for a trip to The Somme to honour my Mum's uncle Stan on the 100th anniversary of the day he died as a young British soldier. It was a special occasion, so getting lost would have been stressful and spoiled our respectful mood. Our trip involved travelling by Eurostar to Lille and then driving to Albert in a hire car. This map was perfect. It showed all the road numbers and it included the whole area where were travelling. The various cemeteries are marked with crosses too. I ordered the map less than a week before we set off and it was delivered promptly. RIP Private Stanley Amos Charles Stannard 11.08.1895 - 26.09.1916.
.......is like a Road Map; it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get to it. Which is precisely the function fulfilled by this Michelin Local Map of The Pas-de-Calais, Somme. If your destination is within this area then you will readily be able to see the best route particularly if like us your arrival point is the Tunnel at Calais. A really clear easy to discern map showing just about everything that your average motorist is ever likely to need to go from A to B with consummate assurance. And it is easy to unfold and refold without the requirement of a Master's Degree in Quantum Origami!

Vis-a-vis absolutely nothing pertinent to this review, whatsoever, I quote Steven Wright who said "I have an existential map. It has 'You are here' written all over it."
on 26 September 2016
I went to the Somme to visit the war graves. This is an excellent map- much better than the one sold in the shops at the Eurotunnel terminal. The detail is just right and there is a very useful map of Amiens. Thoroughly recommended.
on 9 September 2013
If you are travelling to the Somme, this is the map to plan prior to your trip. We put stickers on where we were going and researched my grandad's battalions steps, not really one for opening in the car, due to it's size, but for planning and seeing 'the whole picture' it's excellent, I wouldn't be without it on our trip.
on 27 April 2014
Going on a motorbike tour of the first war battlefields around Ypres and the Somme. I don't like Sat Navs unless you've somewhere specific to go so a map comes in useful when you eventually get lost!!
Michelin maps are the only one's for Europe - recommended.
on 25 December 2013
The British OS maps are brilliant, and we take them for ganted - just how much becomes clear when you're trying to navigate rural French roads on a Michelin. But, better than a road atlas, and the best there is. Essential if you're doing cross-country work, although you will need to use eyes, brain and signposts too.
on 18 January 2014
Exactly what it says- the Michelin map- but at a very competitive price and without the hassle of searching high and low for it in the shops or having to wait until France to buy a copy.
on 19 June 2012
A map of the minor road in the Pas de Calais which is just what I needed for a holiday in Beussent. Shows minor road and cycle paths.
on 19 May 2010
Good mapping, but no campsites! I now have to buy the camping guide (Michelin, of course) and mark them on the map myself.