on 28 March 2013
I paid £400 for T-SQL online training in the form of videos, labs and e-books....and got precisely nowhere in my quest to take and pass MS exam 70-461. Why?....because none of them focused on learning, just preaching all their knowledge.
Then I find Joes2Pros, which for under £25 (kindle editions) does exactly what the website claims. If anyone reading this has ever learned a language using Rosetta Stone and marvelled at the way the totally different approach actually enables you to learn what on many previous attempts in other ways had seemed impossible, then I compare Joes2Pros to that.
Amazing stuff, this guy has succeeded where every other training source has failed. I think that is as simple as the fact that he remembers being a novice AND can put himself back in that place to write this training series - all the others either don't even try or just fail miserably.
on 3 March 2016
I purchased Beginning SQL 2012 Joes 2 Pros Volume 1 from Amazon because the reviews were good. However, in the mean time since I bought the book and started to use it, the SQL Server edition has changed from 2012 to 2014. Software products are upgraded all the time, so this isn't surprising, so a book like this needs to cater for this and give current information on the website, but this is not happening for this book.

The book says in the Intro and Skills Needed sections that you can get the most current installation steps from the Joes2Pros web site, and also says the site has a link to make the purchase of SQL Server, but neither of these things is true, as far as I could see. (You CAN download the SQL scripts... the links are next to the Book details on the site. ) In fact, the site still shows details of how to install SQL Server 2012 and does not mention at all that Microsoft is no longer offering it.

The site seems totally geared to getting you to sign up and pay for online lessons. I emailed support for the site to ask if the scripts would still work with SQL Server 2014, (seems like a reasonable question) and after 1 week the request still has a status of "waiting to be assigned to an agent".

I am going to plow on and purchase SQL Server 2014, and I assume that the scripts will work, but this isn't good enough. You need website back-up for a book like this, and this is lacking, therefore I cannot recommend this book.
on 4 January 2016
This book is very good for a beginner who wants to learn SQL. It's very easy to understand and follow along with all the hands-on practice.

I recommend this book to any one who wants to learn sql.

Thanks
Liz..
on 12 November 2013
The best Learning books I have ever ready in my life....made so easy to understand even without any knowledge on computer programs and databases. This book answers all the confusing(or I would say, you think most stupid doubts that no one would have about databases)question will be perfectly cleared. Feeling lucky to find this book. I have also searched for other books by this author but could not find, which I wished to have him as author for those books :(....... Thanks Rick.
on 8 July 2014
good book, but I was expecting the sql statements to be in colour, The whole book is in Black&White.

No colours
on 13 June 2014
If you want to learn SQL quickly and discover all of the secrets - this book is the best for it!
on 19 October 2015
Great Book, excellent tool to improve your SQL skills.
on 17 June 2016