on 11 September 2016
A classic. Connects all the dots in a meaningful way. My respect for this man has grown ever since reading The China Study. I love the way he encourages any would be young detractors in some of the material on you tube. His reply to Munger is available via Vegsource, always the gent but outclasses her in every way. One of the greatest living nutritional scientists of our era.
on 2 October 2014
Excellent follow up to the China Study - although you really need to read the China Study first, Whole would not stand so well on its own.
on 30 April 2016
Reading this book is a liberating experience. It confirms so much of what I felt before when eating food and following traditional guidelines, yet had no basis to articulate my concerns. Strongly recommended.
on 22 September 2017
Enjoyed this, but it is quite repetitive. In addition, a couple of times it seemed the author was jumping to conclusions that weren't fully backed by evidence, but rather were hunches. Overall, though, a compelling account of the benefits of eating a primarily plant-based diet for reducing the risks of illness.
on 23 May 2015
How does one adequately review a work like this? It is written well enough to be both a textbook for Medical Professionals who might be openminded enough to read and study it, and a source of general information for the lay person, wishing to improve significantly their quality of life.
on 13 April 2015
A book i go back to many times -It looses a little by being a kindle read but it is sound information that makes you think! about the value of food that we eat-i am not a vegetarian or a complete Vegan but have always had issues with Dairy: gives me Migraine-Have been a Paid Cook all my Life and i am a good cook and yet i am still learning about food Nutrition---Our English Diet is not a good one. Yes rethinking the science of Nutrition is a Book we all need to READ.
on 9 November 2016
Whilst I am already vegetarian, I will be making further refinements to my diet after reading this.
on 11 July 2015
Fantastic book, but really scary finding out how crap the mass produced, processed, "food fragments" we're being sold really are!
on 5 May 2016
A refreshing insight into how we are increasingly blinded by science into following like sheep ( or in this case lemmings). This book will inevitably filter through to change my diet, outlook and questioning of all I read and hear in the media and encourage me to think for myself.
on 8 November 2015
For anyone with health issues this is a very good read.
I have had two lots of Cancer and have changed to a Whole Food Plant Based Diet and feel a lot better for it !