Having read all the Conan Doyle stories about Sherlock Holmes, I wanted a low cost edition to put on my Kindle so I could re-read the stories when I chose. This is why I purchased this edition. Unfortunately there is an error in this edition.

The collection does have all the Holmes novels and most of the short story books. There is however an error. In this there is a volume entitled "A Collection of Holmes Adventures" which is not a title from Conan Doyle. This turns out to be a duplicate of the volume "The Return of Sherlock Holmes" which is included in this "Complete." If this were the sole problem, I would have no complaint. But one of the original collections is missing, namely "His Last Bow."

This aforementioned book is admittedly not my favourite. To my my mind there was a decline in the quality of Conan Doyle's writing in the Holmes stories in the last two short story collections. The first three books of short stories ("Adventures/ Memoirs/Return of Sherlock Holmes") are the ones upon which Holmes acquired a justifiably great reputation, possibly even more than the novels. The last two books ("His Last Bow" and "The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes") are on the whole inferior to the previous three, though there is a welcome return to form in one story in "His Last Bow," namely "the Adventure of the Bruce Partington Plans."

This story is probably the one most likely would have returned to in that book. But the omission is a major one. This is a shame because the production of this Kindle edition is otherwise good. I have in it the majority of the Holmes stories that I love. But I bought this as complete. If it had been complete it would have merited the full five stars.
on 3 May 2014
Lovely high quality edition of the complete collection, presented in a houndstooth outer sleeve making it a perfect gift! It is rather weighty, but does include all of the Sherlock Holmes novels and stories so this is to be expected for a hardback book. I purchased it as a birthday present, which was very well received. Excellent!
on 1 August 2017
This is a lovely collection very smartly presented. A must have for any Arthur Conan Doyle fan.
on 21 April 2017
Great value
on 20 July 2015
Nice looking collection, heavy!
on 22 January 2016
quality printing & binding.. worth to buy..
on 12 February 2014
A beautiful box set book.delivered on time,well packaged.
Great birthday present,wonderful book cover and box.
Would recommend this for lovers of HOLMES specially for collectors
on 5 December 2015
Some pages came with the text all messed up and smudged, bit of a let down when I opened it up :/
on 16 December 2014
Great value for money. Top quality books with a lovely cover! My partner loves the Sherlock Holmes series + was very happy with this for a present.

- L
on 3 January 2016
I'm really pleased with it - good quality, arrived quickly and the thin pages and cover are wonderful :) As well as this as far as I can tell it has all the stories in it too :P