on 18 January 2014
The recipes in this book are based on the the findings and conclusions of 'The China Study.' It provides a huge selection of plant-based recipes, with ideas on how to transition to a plant-based diet. I have found this book to be very informative and helpful. With this information, I plan to gradually incorporate this lifestyle and recipes into my own.

The book offers over 120 recipes which are broken down into the following chapters:
Breads & Muffins
Breakfast Dishes
Appetizers & Salads
Soups
Sandwiches
Entrees
Side Dishes
Desserts

The recipes are simple to make and are delicious. I will admit that some of the attempts I made were a bit off, as I couldn't find an ingredient and the substitution I used didn't quite work out.

Just to note, for those in Ireland and/or UK, the book is written with US measurements and US vocab. Also, it lists some ingredients which I assume are more readily available in the US. However, as long as you are willing to take a little time beforehand to convert the measurements and find the right ingredients, you are in for a treat.
on 28 January 2016
Got my attention after success of the China study. I would recommend the China study itself, everyone should read it. However, this book has better competitors and if you have the China study it would seem repetitive. A vegan cook book solely dedicated to ingredients and food would be preferable for me. Would make a good gift though for someone not prepared to investigate and read the China study!
on 5 August 2017
If you know how to cook and like to mix it up a bit in the kitchen you will find this book boring and unimaginative, the majority of the recipes you will have already come up with yourself or have better recipes that you have done before, you'll be hard pushed to find anything new, that said I am sure it is good for a beginner, someone that hasn't used a lot of vegetables in cooking before, but I expected more from it
on 9 November 2016
I am in chemo at present. The book provided an amazing insight into conventional medicine. Each person is responsible for their own health as well as making informed deciduind.
on 27 April 2017
This book is perfect for a Vegan as it is full of not only good advice, but recipes too. I would highly recommend it!
on 20 December 2016
Life changing book - having changed my diet after reading the book I have been able to stop the blood pressure tablets I had been taking for 20 years!
Great thanks
on 13 September 2016
If you are not a confident cook, or have not ventured into vegan recipes before, this might be the book for you. Lots of reviews have raved about the recipes, but I didn't find them inspiring. However, I cook every day from scratch and have cooked veggie for years and am sad to say I was not inspired, though I have passed this book on to someone who wants to change from junk food to whole food, and he was delighted, challenged, and inspired.
Upshot- great for a newbie/ non confident cook.
on 12 January 2017
Great recipes, but a horrible book to use. WHY does the USA have to use cooking terms and measurement units that the rest of the world gave up on several decades ago??? If it wasn't for the fact that I've had to keep looking up the internet frequently to find what their obscure ingredients are (due to the rest of the world using different names and imperial measurement units) I'd have given it 5 stars. For the next edition,please show BOTH degrees C and degrees F, and also include the more generally accepted ingredient names, not just the obscure American names for them.
on 25 September 2013
I just received this book - it looks fantastic. The recipes seems pretty straightforward and delicious (the photos are very tempting). I had read this on another review but hadn't really realised how much it mattered (I'm not a very experienced cook) - but this book is written with US measurements and quite a bit of US vocabulary (more than I had known existed). It isn't a huge problem but it is a bit annoying if you aren't quite sure what things are, or have to convert all the measurements. Other than that, I can't wait to cook some of the recipes.