Customer reviews

on 29 March 2015
I'm a big SciFi reader. I got to book 2 in the series (suspending judgement after book 1) and then decided "what a load of rubbish".

Full of American angst and euphemisms. Shudder.
Get the hero into an impossible position ... then magic up a new superpower to get out of it. SHUDDER!

One of the other reviewers mentioned suspending disbelief. I should say it would need to be drawn and quartered as well.
It's a shame as the writing itself seemed quite competent.

Won't be buying any more in the series I'm afraid.
on 5 November 2013
Read it a few times. It might grow on you, it might not. Nothing really jars about the world the author built.
on 13 October 2012
This series is one of the few where I can reread immediately after reading it the first time.
The heroine reminds me a lot of Honor Harrington and I'd recommend this to fans of that series.

I look forward to reading the next one.
on 26 March 2014
Like the whole series, it is interesting enough for me to have followed the story and bought the other books, but I had to work to suspend disbelief. I was just looking for space opera with starships and a strong female lead, and this has those in plenty.
on 2 March 2016
This series is developing really well, I can't wait to see what happens next (and luckily don't have to lol!)
on 20 September 2015
I bought this set of five books to go on holiday and found them fantastic reading.
on 25 January 2015
Part two, hold onto you seat, this trill a page story goes from strength to strength, you can see the galaxy, the characters live in and what it is to really be their worlds, full praise to Jean Johnson.......
on 31 August 2014
thanks
on 21 December 2012
Most defiantly worth the time taken to read.
I'll be getting the next in the series and looking for more by the author.
on 8 June 2013
Not read Jean J before and this book is a great advert - loved the premise and it's execution, looking forward to more.