on 22 January 2014
I love cookbooks and 9 months ago switched to a Paleo way of eating. I purchased this book 'against all grain', and from that point forward it changed. The recopies are designed for the family, as a mother and wife with 2 kids I still need to be practical. My daughter loves to bake and now we make banana bread, cup cakes and nice treats together. I also live in Switzerland where it is sometime difficult to purchase specialties but this book gives you recipes for basics like how to make your own Almond milk! I work full time and take my own food some home made vanilla granola for breakfast is just one of the great things. As well as the fact she has guidance if you do not have a dehydrator (again practical). Bar the treats and basics the recipes are easy and nutritious. Cooking interesting meals in itself is not a challenge as I grew up in a fusion family cooking since 9, but this book does have new ideas to add to the mix; it has added value to our lives. Great food, easy, practical and the best book I have found in 9 months that my family adore.
on 8 June 2014
Bought this for my husband as he has been on the paleo diet for a few months and we needed inspiration for a few more recipes, especially for desserts. This book has a great range of recipes and most are easy to follow, however there are the odd few that have a lot of stages. Also, as the book is American there are some unusual ingredients which are hard and expensive to source in the UK. However overall I would recommend this book as the recipes we have tried have all been lovely.
on 5 May 2016
Although this might be really interesting if you like in the States I found many of the recipes had ingredients that I would find too difficult to source in an isolated rural area in nor then GB. A shame as it is really well written.
on 15 July 2017
IMO this is the best book on paleo, have produced a lot of recipes from it and been inspired to produce many of my own.
on 25 August 2016
Great for baking recipes
on 1 April 2015
Great addition to my Paleo collection. Great recipes and easy to follow.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 17 September 2013
I was not expecting this book to be so big. I'm sorry the publisher did not have the faith to go hardback on this - it really deserved it. It is packed with recipes and information. It is, by far, the best paleo-cookbook I have seen. It proves that so called 'restricted diets' are not harmful as we are often led to believe. Sometimes your body just needs to be listened to, with both ears. Danielle is living proof that you can reach optimum health through diet. This book is the result of her personal experience.

You'll find over 150 gluten-free recipes that are also grain-free and dairy free. It is not vegetarian, like all paleo cooking - there is a lot of meat. Read about why Danielle had to adopt a new lifestyle, the ingredients and equipment she uses. There are many sections in the book - start your morning, small bites, soups, salads and sides, the main event, for the kid in all of us, muffins, loaves and cakes, sweets and treats, basics, sip on this plus menu suggestions, resources, conversions (it's American with American cup sizes etc, so use the conversions if you are not American).

I love all the non-meat recipes. The most tempting in my opinion are Pear-berry crisp, Allergy free breakfast cookies, Rosemary-raisin crackers, Asian mango slaw, Not-a-grain bars, Banana Mousse pancakes, Cinnamon applesauce, Almond crisps, Sandwich bread, Zucchini bread, Peach streusel coffee cake, Chocolate fudge sauce, oh ok everything in the sweet section and most important - finding out how to make my sweet potato fries crispy.

You can read the success stories at the back of the book and I love the recipe index with mini photos to jog your memory. Great book, very highly recommended.
11 Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 February 2014
This is a fabulous recipe book, with some great recipes and ideas. True modern Paleo food. The problem is that most of the ingredients are not readily available, or can only be sourced at great expense on the internet.
22 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2013
I'm new to paleo but have found it a very easy transition using Danielle's recipes. The book is laid out beautifully, the recipes are simple yet very tasty and there is a great photo index at the back making locating a recipe very quick. I have yet to find a recipe that I don't like :-)
on 12 December 2013
I'll keep this simple, .......for anyone wishing to get into this type of diet and way of eating this book is a must. Its simple to follow full of good advice and the recipes are great. I have taken a few from the book already and they are a delight......don't think about it just get it!