on 18 June 2016
Great book - easy recipes that translate to the english situation easily - I have made a few and they have been delicious
on 30 January 2014
I did the 21 Day Sugar Detox and found it absolutely fantastic. My skin was glowing, energy sky high and I never once felt deprived - the book has so many great recipes that you never feel like you're missing out. Highly recommend!
on 26 April 2017
Great book
on 21 December 2014
Getting off sugar is probably one of the best things you can do for yourself and this book makes it easy! Cleared an arthritic joint using this detox which is no small thing.
on 16 November 2015
One of my bibles! I regularly do sugar cleanses and the recipes in this book are amazing!!
on 6 May 2014
Great recipes, very informative. Made my first ever detox enjoyable. Will even use some recipes after the detox because they are so delicious!
on 2 February 2014
I found this book really disappointing. It has very little helpful information, unless one likes lots of colourfully illustrated recipes.
Before reading this book, I read a really good book full of information which helped me to change things in my life, called "The Sweet Poison Quit Plan" by David Gillespie. That's the book I'd really recommend
on 18 October 2015
Luckily i bought this for kindle so only spent £6. Bit of a waste of £6. Very wordy and doesn't really give any more than a few recipies. Detox system worked though. I would recommend that, but not the book. More helpful information on the internet.
on 10 May 2014
For me, time will tell if this can be a long-term commitment. Overall, the information in this book is excellent. Friends wanted to know why I started on this with my three daughters. Well, it's all about releasing toxins that build up in our system that cause inflammation, lower the immune system and contribute negatively to our health and life span. Sugar is the big one, as well as processed foods that are not nutritionally balanced (processed means it's either shredded, rolled, flaked or puffed and usually found in the middle aisles of most supermarkets). So, it's a long list. I didn't think about sugar being addictive and this book explains that very throughly as it being cyclical. As I am already pretty careful about what I eat and choose organic and fair trade food whenever possible, this book outlines a clear path to explore a way to change habits of eating and choose to eat consciously for 21 days only. That's a fair request. The book addresses that it's not just specific foods that are targeted, as well as it is looking at food associations that create triggers that set off the physical or emotional addiction. I appreciated the three levels the author created to engage in according to our life styles of activity and energy needs. Furthermore, there are lists of foods that fall into categories of either NO or YES foods within each level, which I found supportive. I've well marked up the recipes that I choose to cook and most were really good. Oh, yes, I would have liked some a bit "sweeter" and it became a mental attitude to stay the course, the reward being that eventually it changed my pallet. You will have to do some shopping to ensure that you have the products needed because availability and planning are essential for a successful outcome. For instance, there is a lot of use of coconut oil and coconut flour which is not on the shelves of many of our supermarkets. I mostly missed condiments, so reading labels is necessary as there is either wheat or sugar in most of these products. I must emphasize that having a partner was essential, as well as having the time to do all the preparation and shopping required. This is not for the faint-hearted unless your motivation is strong enough to shift your perspective about what you eat. Getting back to a long-term diet for myself now is the next step, and the information on that is very sensible..... slowly. Once you have experienced this routine it is something you can revisit if you slip into "old and familiar" habits of eating after the 21 days of detoxing. I treated this an an experiment and found that my attitude of what I put in my mouth triggered a desire to continue to eat consciously. Maybe it's a placebo effect, but it works, and I recommend it if you are concerned about your health, so do have a go at it. Although it's heavy on eggs and dairy during the trial, which was a balm for me, I did not gain or lose weight myself, although one of my daughter's weight did decline. I will explore Diane's specific book of recipes as she has raised my curiosity and creativity about food.
on 19 December 2015