Customer reviews

Dangerous Boys and their Toy
Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 April 2016
I absolutely love this story from this amazingly talented author and read it often. The pages sizzle! The action is flowing through the story and as passion rises at the beginning with a deal forming between the three characters Thorn, Cam and Breena to enjoy each other, thats all. None of them expected the level of emotional commitment that the three would share as the story progresses and the bond between Thorn, Cam and Breena to form so deeply or that their deal becomes so very much more than any of them could ever anticipate and when that bond is put in jeopardy they realise exactly what they all mean to each other and how they are not prepared to lose what they have just found. The story contains sizzling passion throughout and is a fantastic read guaranteed to make your pulse race! I cannot recommend it highly enough. Brilliant! Happy Reading!
on 13 September 2010
Having read several books of this genre and with good reviews for this book, I had high hopes but unfortunately I was disappointed. Yes, there were a few OK sex scenes, but nothing that I would describe as even approaching 'hot'.

Of course liking or disliking a book is entirely subjective but to me the 'action' seemed false, stilted, rather cold and calculating and the plot was weak.

In particular, the (in my opinion, rather desperate and 2 dimensional) lady in the menage-a-trois seemed to be little more than the (sex)'toy' mentioned in the title. To me she seemed to be just there as the author's weak excuse for the two polar opposite men to indulge their obvious bi-sexual preferences and attraction to each other under the guise of 'helping' and 'protecting' the woman caught in the middle. And what a cliched non-surprise their descriptions, job and names were too!
on 30 September 2013
This book has the makings of a very good book ,add another 250 pages and in depth perspective on each of the involved and you would have had a stunner. Even so you have a well written at times very funny story plus angst and lots of HOT sex. What more can one ask for really within this price ,genre and word confinement.
I just feel what a wasted opportunity for more .
I gave it 4 stars rather than the 3.5 of my heading as it brought such a smile to my face.
on 1 February 2017
Purchased for reference purposes only. Book part read as I lost interest part way.
on 21 May 2013
Shayla black is an amazing writer. The descriptions of the love scenes and the depth of the character's draws you in. I read the book in a day the only perk to being home sick
on 14 May 2014
I really enjoyed this. The narration from the hero's point of view came over very well and was a welcome change from some of the other heroine only centred tales.
on 10 May 2011
This is quite a short book but well worth the money. I have never thought about men begining together as exciting, but my god!!!!! this book had it all in there. Very hot sex if you can't stand the heat then this book is not for you.
on 4 March 2015
ok
on 28 November 2010
I bought this book as I am enjoying the Doomsday Brethren series so much. The story is secondary to the hot, sizzling action between the three characters, but it's definitely there. I thought my iPad was going to erupt into flames! More please Shayla.
on 23 August 2010
I bought this book on Roroblu's Mum's recommendation. Loved it! I won't go into too much of a description as it's already been done but, this is my first Shayla Black venture and I'll certainly be venturing back there again. Shayla's writing reminds me of J R Ward. She gets into the male lead's head, what he feels, his conflicting emotions (there're always confliction emotions), as well as how he feels during the brilliant, highly charged, sexual scenarios, which is what so many of these books are lacking and make such disappointing reading, especially if the lead up has been heart-stopping. The language here is gritty but not over-the-top. It's so refreshing to see how overwhelmed(or how little) an alpha male - two in this case - becomes when he's unable to control himself in the throes of ecstasy (sorry about the cliche...). A definite womb-clencher! :-)

I empathised with all the characters and actually welled up when Thorn finally let go of his demons and began to trust both Cam and Brenna. Their relationship took on a whole new meaning! Neither male lead lost any of their masculinity having found their attraction to each other growing. It was nice to see how that worked from Thorn's point of view because he's in his head a lot and questions WHY he's attracted to Cam as well as Brenna. Great for us girlies. My only complaint is that it was too short - not for what it was, but I want to know more about all the characters and their families outside the trio. I know, there's no pleasing some people but it was so good that I just wanted to know.

I love reading erotic, sexually explicit books. I love the menage scenarios and Shayla does it well. You go girl. I'm on the lookout for more of your work.