on 26 July 2014
Another erudite and fascinating book from Jospeh P. Farrell - in my view, people who debunk books such as this, without putting a good deal of thought and research into what others have said or written, need to read what some of the most evil people who have ever existed have to say about how mankind was and still is manipulated by those 'in the know'.

Joseph Goebbels " PRINCIPLES OF PROPAGANDA" would be a good place to start.

Joseph Farrel has, in his several books, with his vast amount of well co-ordinated research found, what to me anyway, are the keys to the way this world is run, and, if correct, and I do think that it more than likely is, what a truly terrifying scenario. The way that history has been manipulated to have the vast amount of humanity believe in many things that are patently untrue, after a little thought, is, of course, an excellent way to ensure that ordinary people will immediately debunk things that are quite often 'hidden in plain sight'.

Read this with an open mind, as, as someone else said in review, 'the human mind is like a parachure - it works best when open!'

I should also add that although there are huge amounts of facts therein, the writing flows with ease and is a delight to read.
on 10 June 2014
The evidence presented in this book is irrefutable in my opinion. I'm an archaeologist and have found my studies gravitating me towards this line of thought, this book provided some key links in the forming chain. After reading this you'll understand that the quest of the Germans in the fictional movie, Indiana Jones are not has fictional as we are led to believe.

Current world domination is arguably based in dominating the possession of ancient world knowledge! This book addresses this relationship aptly!
on 20 February 2015
Just started with it but can say already that it's a great book and I've gotten some answers already regarding the rh O negative bloodtype that my mother has. The most interesting read I had for a long while. Covers a lot of subjects. More then I could imagine
on 2 December 2014
This book is brilliant. Very interesting, it opens your mind to a lot of things. I would recommend to those who are philosophical and open minded.
on 2 August 2015
Very readable and well researched. Expands on the ideas of our origins. Thoroughly thought provoking. Not to be missed at all.
on 25 June 2017
what a book my brain is loving this dude!
on 30 October 2013
I loved this book,and anyone interested In the weird and wonderfull will enjoy this well written book and come away a believer haha.will definitely be trying this author again.
on 26 March 2012
Philosophical thinking put to good use. Not all of us can manage that unaided. A great deal of information is presented along with interesting speculation, in a way that is not a put-down. One can pick and choose through the range of themes.

Particularly useful to me were concepts regarding 'moral disconnect', and a 'believer-skeptic' dialectic that controls 'interpretative possibilities', whether occurring through technological or suggestive means, or simply implied through context.

People often have experiences they cannot explain, and no amount of effort gets those or the effects through to others, so they are left out on a limb. We do not have to believe in all of Farrell's speculations, but at least can try to understand more about our fellow humans.
on 21 June 2015
What the author would have us believe is not the standard evolutionary model of man and consequently world history but that something (intelligent) interfered with us, accelerating the development of civilization: from caveman to spaceman.
Now, he does admit to being “speculative” in his assertions and following the central thread does require a degree of suspended disbelief. But how much is he being polemic, sniping at established academia who turn their noses up at more esoteric theories that were once more widely accepted and acceptable? He is not the only alternative historian frustrated by the expert dismissal of what might otherwise be perfectly reasonable evidence. Evidence that deserves to be put through the lens of the scientific principle to determine its credibility. But by taking such an assumptive journey and relying on data that is “evidence” only in the most diplomatic sense of the word he trips over his own argument. The reason more convincing evidence doesn't get considered by academia is often it comes padded with the frankly absurd. It’s a long way from interpreting ancient texts in a non-conventional manner to proving there was a cosmic war millions of years ago…
In this book, Farrell is guilty of making the evidence fit the hypothesis without really considering the burden of proof.
The sirrush of the Babylon Gate for example. A fantastical creature that must be real because its depiction is consistent where other fantastical creatures change over time. It must therefore be an engineered creature, or a memory of a dinosaur, or even evidence of a living dinosaur. None of which really add up to anything stronger than speculation, but it would seem speculation is enough to amount to evidence. I would argue to the contrary, precisely because it’s a chimaera of existing animal parts it suggests the opposite: that it is made up. Show me something that we don’t recognise, then I’ll start to pay more attention.
From there the story picks up the predictable strands of post modern popular counter culture; Waco, Roswell, the CIA, Iapetus (you know, the one that was the inspiration for Star Wars’ Death Star!) It’s a join the dots approach, casting the net as wide as possible hoping to snag on something.
That’s not to say the book doesn't have some interesting things to say; clearly our ancestors knew a lot about advanced mathematical astronomy and there is something suggesting “co-ordination” between megalithic sites spread out over hundreds (and thousands) of miles. It’s an area standard history doesn't provide a satisfactory answer on yet. But why does it have to suggest “agency” of the third kind…can’t we take credit for being a little more advanced that we thought a few thousand years ago?

And then there’s the agenda …
Not content with speculating about a remnant of an alien civilization having a hand in the genesis of mankind, but they’re still here and up to no good. And they’re bankers.
I firmly believe this is really about a lack of control, the world isn’t run altruistically and we like to think this is not our fault (despite it being absolutely our fault). Whether it’s war, greed or just business we have a poor track record of doing the right thing. This doesn't mean that someone else is pulling the strings though.
A classic case of self-importance syndrome. Everything has a resonance here and now, as if everything is pointing towards this moment in time and giving us meaning. All the evidence seems to link to something that makes sense to us here is the 21st century. Whether its mind control, telecommunications, star wars or global banking. It’s clearly more a case of us interpreting what we see through our own eyes and those alone. We have to be the centre of attention don’t we, here and now?
I keep going back to one thought: show me something we don’t know and can’t interpret in light of our own prejudices and fears. Show me something that doesn't make sense, that’s aimed at us +1 million years. Tell us something new, then you have my attention. It’s this central theme that runs through the book that breaks its spine, it says far more about us than about any ancient alien civilization.
It’s a stone skimming across the surface, touching lightly on each subject, not long enough to pick up any detail or explain anything before it’s onto the next. But eventually it just runs out of energy.
There are undoubtedly questions to ask about the knowledge of the ancients, megaliths, astronomy etc and maybe academia just doesn't like accepting the evidence this suggests. But that doesn't mean we are the genetically engineered product of an alien race. It just means we might be more interesting than that.
on 20 June 2014
Another wonderful insight into the mysterious trail of human inquiry and cover up, Mr. Farrell is a scholar of serious importance and deserves the praise and commendation from all folk who care to have an understanding of true history.