Customer reviews

on 22 July 2013
This is the 3rd book of this kind that I've read by this author. I really like the writing style and how the story progresses. I also like the new characters as well as the ones we already know and love.

My only problem with it is that the last few chapters skim over time and it feels rushed. It would be much better if that was made into a sequel and therefore done in more detail.

If you're a hardened Janeite you may have a problem with the occasional break from propriety, although that didn't spoil my enjoyment on this occasion.

Overall a very good read.
on 4 April 2016
I did like this variation but they I have liked all the Lory LIlian's I have this far. Definitely recommend.
on 11 July 2013
Couldn't put it down, it's a very good read. Would have like to read more about their wedding. 9/10 good
on 11 December 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this take on Austen. I especially like ones where the lovely Colonel my favourite character has a happy story line. I know Austen never bothered to give him a first name, but as several TV adaptations name him Richard that is how I always think of him. So David did seem a bit strange.
I would have given this five stars, but I found the constant blushing of Lizzy at least once a page did begin to grate. The poor lass must have been flashing on and off like a red alarm warning. Still will definitely look for more from this author. Thanks for an enjoyable read
on 26 June 2015
This has a premise so close to the original that we don't have to suspend belief. Lory brings our couple together in London after the disaster at Hunsford and before the trip to Derbyshire. The love affair very tentatively begins and develops throughout the story and the addition of a new character, Lady Cassandra, brings a further delightful dimension. Wickham and Lady Catherine are quickly and effectively dealt with and though Caroline gets up to her usual tricks we have to eventually sympathise with her lot. The epilogue is a lot of fun and hints at a happy ending for Lydia. I can easily read this again, though this is my second reading, and love Lory Lilian's writing.
on 9 August 2010
Apart from being heavy going, this would probably be OKish if the author stayed out of the bedroom. Jane Austen didn't feel the need to pry into the private moments of her characters and neither should Lory Lilian.
on 5 May 2017
Loved it!!!! I just loved to see Colonel Fitzwilliam as a main character for a change, and what a role! Loved it. Lady Cassandra also brought a bit of freshness. Loved every page!
on 7 June 2010
What if Elizabeth's journey to the lake country would have been delayed so that she had to wait some days for it to start in London? What if she would stroll through the park with her aunt and would encounter Colonel Fitzwilliam, Mr. Darcy and his sister?
Would he greet her or would he not after she so "abominably abused him into his face" when he made her an offer of marriage some weeks before? What if the Colonel would greet her and she would learn that it was not him who saw her first but Mr Darcy? What if they would have the opportunity to meet and visit on several occasions before even starting the journey and then again meet at Pemberley?

Lory Lilian has answered all these questions in her book. It is a very romantic sequel to Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" as is her other book "Rainy Days".
It is mostly about the time before the engagement and then waiting for the wedding to take place, but this one doesn't quite end at the wedding day and it includes some very dramatic events taking place around some new characters - a friend from Mr. Darcy's youth, Lady Cassandra, a Lord Markham and about Miss Bingley.

If you liked "Rainy Days" then you'll like this one, too. In both of them the evolving relationship of Darcy and Lizzy is full of love and trust and faithfulness and truth - and tenderness.
on 21 July 2010
Just like I have expected from this author. Elizabeth is in London awaiting to go on her trip north to the lakes. She goes for a stroll with her Aunt Gardiner and her children and meet Colonel Fitzwilliam, Georgiana Darcy and Mr Darcy. Elizabeth is very surprised that he comes to greet her and introduce his sister after she had abused him in his proposal at Rosings.

For me this a wonderful page turner, and like has been mentioned before if you like 'Rainy Days' you definitely will love this even more.