on 23 June 2016
Linda Seger is a fantastic writer who has done great justice to the subject of screenwriting, from a theoretical as well as practical point of view. This is no doubt, the best book I have read to date on screenwriting. I have been recommending the book since then. I also hope to keep my copy and read it over and again.
on 29 July 2014
This book poses some insightful, probing questions that are really helping me to redraft my script. I have particularly found the section on character motivation very useful.I have bought other scriptwriting books however this one is alot more detailed and informative.This book is well worth the money-it is as though I am getting a one on one consulation about all aspects of my script for the price of a book! A great investment.
on 9 April 2017
Easy read and quick to understand. Recommended for anyone who knows little to nothing about writing
on 14 November 2016
An absolute must read for any new writer. Answered questions I didn't even know I had. Linda Seger is a genius. Bring on my second draft!
on 14 August 2014
not for beginners
on 4 September 2003
This is the first book I have purchased which deals with the subject of writing and/or re-writing screenplays - I was holding my breath waiting for this to arrive - And when I got it, I didnt put it down - I read it cover to cover - It solved many problems I had with re-writing a screenplay. This is a great book for beginners (Although I have been writing for years now.) - It re-educates but doesnt bore you like your old English lessons did and it is useful to go back to for future purposes whenever you get stuck - I recomend this to anyone who is interested in screenwriting.
on 19 October 2015
I also learned from this book and enjoyed reading it.
on 11 June 2015
muc
on 12 January 2000
My writing teacher at uni introduced me to this book and I have been using it to help me through second and third draft stages of screenplays AND novels ever since. This book has given me a tool for navigating the difficulties of dramatic structure and an enhanced fascination with and enjoyment of storytelling. I would recommend it to anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of structure, particularly three act structure.
on 28 August 2008
Truly great advice for intermediate level writers and above. For those of us who have mastered three-act structure and who understand the importance of character development, this book is a welcome breath of fresh air that can blow the cobwebs out of any dusty old script. With detailed notes on concepts such as the transformational arc and "making a script commercial", Linda Seger deals precisely with what many other books skirt around with woolly phraseology. The most useful feature for me was a very practical "application" section at the end of each chapter. I honestly don't know how I did without this book for so long, as it elevates your writing to a whole new level. Well worth investing in.