Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 17 February 2013
If you want to start knitting ganseys, this is the book to start with. Beth's instructions are easy to follow and the use of well draw diagrams assists with understanding the construction of a gansey. This book got me started and gave confidence to start customizing the templates.
on 28 August 2013
Essential reading if you want to try your hand at knitting ganseys, which will be my next big knitting challenge. Will update this report when I've actually had a go but this book makes me feel like I can do it.
on 22 April 2012
this book takes you through making a gansey step by step and enables you to se a pattern the author has produces or if you wish to design your own. I have been looking for traditional patterns for where i live but so far unable to find one so intend to use the stitsh patterns to design a gansey that represents my family. good book
on 14 January 2016
Bought for my wife who says that the instructions, etc should be easily followed. American book so knitters will need to know what the English equivalent terms mean. Easy enough if you search the 'net. Book title is Americanism for Guernsey knitwear.
on 28 January 2013
My wife has promised to knit me a Gansey. This was a few years ago mind you. However it recently came up again in conversation, so I ordered several books from your site on Ganseys and fishermans seaters. This book was one of them and we have enjoyed reading it. I still hav'nt seen much action on the knitting front, but live in hope. JR.
on 23 January 2016
Nice book with interesting patterns but you definitely need to be an experienced knitter; luckily the friend I bought it for is very experienced and so wasn't phased but some of the rather complicated instructions.
on 19 March 2015
Complex patterns not for beginners. Would benefit from more diagrams. Recommended for experienced knitters and especially those with experience of knitting in the round.
on 13 October 2013
Poor quality paper, photography and patterns not what I had hoped for. Not at all what I had hoped for.
on 11 September 2014
Excellent descriptions and patterns of older type Ganseys. Very pleased.
on 27 February 2015
Lovely book and excellent service