on 22 June 2018
I really like the Mighty Bright range. I've had several items and they've always been good quality. This is no exception. Nice and compact when not in use. When using, it's nice and bright but not so bright as to disturb my sleeping husband. I like the adjustability of it. I can put the light exactly where I need it. It's durable and compact. My complaints are 1) the battery life seemed a bit short, but to be fair, the batteries aren't expensive. And 2) when you're getting to the end of a paperback, the weight of the light will bend back the cover. It's hard to find a spot to place it where that won't happen. But, it's a good light so I'm willing to work with its limitations. Recommended.
on 31 March 2016
Does exactly what it is meant to do, lights up my bedtime book! I usually read on my Kindle, but occasionally read paperbacks if I can't get them for the Kindle. This does the job perfectly. Just the right amount of light for the pages without flooding the bedroom and waking hubby!
Very pleased.
4 people found this helpful
on 15 February 2018
This is a very handy torch. Especially when your partner is used to sleeping without any light. I keep the s next to my bed if I have to get up in the middle of the night. Or when I cannot sleep. The light is small and easy to carry around without switching the main light on. Also a handy thing to carry in your hand bag, in case you cannot use your mobile torch.
One person found this helpful
on 7 May 2017
I bought this for my elderly gran who finds in some lights she can't see properly but this clips onto her paper or sudoku book and she can see great due to the bright light.
It's lightweight and pocket size so she can take it anywhere,one happy gran!
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 28 February 2013
I bought this to use with my Kindle for night time reading (as I have a pre-Paperwhite Kindle). Whilst it doesn't clip on to the Kindle directly, it does clip on to my Kindle case with the bonus of being compatible with good old-fashioned 'tree books' when I feel the need to read one of those.
The light provided from this little Travelflex is very good and it only uses 1xAAA battery making it very economical. Its small size makes it perfect for use with the Kindle as it doesn't add much weight to such a lightweight device. I am very pleased with it and have bought some for relatives with Kindles who are also delighted that it has extended their reading time at night.
5 people found this helpful
on 27 January 2012
I bought this light because I wanted a light that I could attach directly to my Kindle but which wouldn't add a lot of weight when reading. Many lights require 2 or 3 AA batteries. This one, by contrast runs on one AAA meaning you hardly feel the weight of the light when it's attached. For anyone who is considering a travel lamp, it's also something to consider. One AAA battery plus one spare weighs far less than 2 or 3 AA and a like number of backups. So far so good.

I also wanted something I could attach directly to the kindle, and this works fine, so long as you are using a cover (as I am). The clip attaches easily to a (faux) leather cover and is not overly large (holding just one battery inside). But when I removed the kindle cover, I found that the clip, which opens in a V-shape, slips and slides on (and off of) the smooth-finish of the Kindle. I would find this very annoying and probably not be able to use it that way. So, attached directly to a Kindle (without a cover), I don't recommend.

The device is lightweight, and so therefore, the build is not overly sturdy. Something to consider for some. But for £10 including VAT, what's one to expect?

The quality of the light has proven to be just fine. I wanted the light mostly for reading in a dimly lit room (partner watching telly, a lamp on somewhere) rather than all-out dark. And it's proven to be great for that. I didn't try it in a dark room, though it would certainly appear to provide ample light without being too bright. Telescoping neck means the device can be adjusted to provide sufficient light, without creating any glare on the screen.

Now, how long that little AAA battery will last remains to be seen. Obviously it will require more frequent changes than the AA devices, but I can live with that. I don't plan to read a great deal in the dark. I don't think any portable lantern is a substitute for proper light while reading, and so the lack of battery duration, hopefully will not become an issue.

Storage - if you are using a cover, as I recommend with this light, the neck can be laid across the kindle and the cover closed over it. The body of the light can then be folded flush with the kindle, though the head of the lamp protrudes because the neck isn't long enough for both to fold over. Not a perfect solution, but a good way of keeping devices together.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 June 2013
I have received the product today. Arrived super quick just like anything does which I order from Amazon.

The product it's self is okay. Silver plastic ends and thin black metal bendy stem. It works as it should and provides light with two LEDs, an ON/Off button is on top which also functions to provide two modes to the light. Either 1 LED or both LEDs can be turned on.

I would have thought the build quality and feel of the product would be better for the £7.98 price I paid, I feel it should have been somewhere around £3.50 to £4.50. However it works well and I don't have any need to return the item.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2014
Following advice from my optician I researched improved lighting to assist my ageing eyes when reading at night.

This product is compact and clips easily to my Kindle and Hard/Paperback books. The single LED emits a good but concentrated light beam. Because the light unit adjustment is angular rather than flexible I find I have to keep re positioning the device to gain optimum light to the page area I am reading. Also, the 2 x CR button batteries do not appear last very long?

A well made product but does not meet all my particular needs.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 October 2014
This is a terrific little device. Unlike so many others that claim to hold fast and to avoid reflection, this one really does. It provides more than adequate light without glare and the batteries seem to have an unusually long life. In any event new ones are readily available her and inexpensive. I suspect it is part of a conspiracy to keep me reading even later into the night, but I must recommend it wholeheartedly.
on 16 February 2013
I loved my old mighty bright but, I keep it on the boat so I thought that I would get another one for the house. They are perfect for reading in bed without disturbing your partner! This one gives an ample amount of light and I can decide to keep them both on or just one of them. The only problem I have is that it is a little larger than I used to making it a bit cumbersome. It may just be me and I need more time to adjust to it.