Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Think and Grow Rich
Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 December 2017
Well... it’s taken me just over 3 years to study this philosophy and put things into practice. I have realised that this philosophy if anything will make one become wealthy as much as one desire. Thank you Mr Hill for the decades you devoted to writing this philosophy by studying and analysing wealthy men. Through studying this book I have been able to think clearly of what I desire and want in life, have a definite purpose, set goals and think, act and behave accordingly to achieve my goals. Thank you very much for enabling to realise the importance of time and valuing time. My life has changed drastically. Just over 3 years ago when things were looking upside down and I was in one of the worse states, I made my mind up to focus on becoming wealthy and I went searching. “Think and Grow Rich” was the first book I read in terms of consciously and actively wanting to develop myself and mind to achieve the kind of success I desire. I knew I needed a different mind set and I have found it. Thank you.
on 11 April 2016
This book was written some 80 years ago and it shows. The underlying message how ever (I think it's 12 characteristics of the wealthy) is spot on. But at times very dull and patronising (at one point I recall the author explaining the benefits of wearing a smart suit to a meeting with a potential employer). I did not finish this book, at about a third of the way through I bought the audio book then gave up on that another third in! this is because the messages are good but the content/delivery is not. I would revisit this if someone would rewrite it for the modern market.
on 20 September 2015
What an amazing book. Written 100 years ago and yet pertinent to today and for the future. Simple observations by Napoleon Hill that took him to meet all the great men of his time, and interview them for his book. Those who knew how to make money and thrive, and those who made money but toppled from a great height. In this book you will learn not only how to make money, but how to have the right mindset to keep it and share it. Richness is also a mindset, so if you think this book is just a 'how to get rich quick' tome, then it won't be for you. However, if you believe you have the will to make changes and raise your game in all aspects of your life, then I suggest this book should be on your shelf. I have read it several times and still find little passages that resonate. Using it I have made a great leap from static thinking and living to a big move (physically and mentally) that has created a path toward a future I only ever dreamed about. Thin book - Thick with material.
on 6 January 2017
A book that everybody should read... The value that you get for the price you pay is amazing... Although it has been written many years ago the ideas that promotes are up to date, it is about the way of thinking and how to achieve your goals adopting a holistic approach. Many books about self development based their success on ideas you will find in this book.

If you want these ideas to work for you, you should be openminded and try to adopt the way of thinking Napoleon Hill suggests. If you want to prove that it doesn't work you can also do it.

My personal experience is that it totally changed my life. It made me to set goals and achieve them in no time when I was struggling for years with no result
on 26 January 2018
This book enthuses the reader with a burning desire to be successful, whether it is by materialistic or academic means. The book will give you an understanding of how a successful person is nurtured. Examples include the amazing inventor Thomas Edison; how he formed success despite all odds by being ignorant of the air of pessimism. By far my favourite lesson learnt from this book was the significance of indecision.
on 6 April 2017
Best book I've ever read, with lots of opportunity for practical application. An enjoyable read and can't wait to read again.
on 11 February 2015
I think the title of this book is a little misleading, but that doesn't make this book anything less than a must read for anyone seeking success in life.

This book is more about the personality traits evident in the 40 millionaires studied by Hill in 1937 (when a millionaire was a substantially wealthy person, more so than today). I would suggest that the wealth these people accumulated was a side effect of their personality.

Hill goes into a lot of detail in a wide range of subjects including - faith, desire, imagination, planning, decision and persistence - key traits and skills which have not really changed since the book was written.

There are a number of questionnaires in the book which challenge you to think about your own personality traits, and how they match the blueprint of successful (rich) people - and they can help you make positive changes to your life to be more successful.

Some of the book is obviously dated (such as letters of recommendation) - but any smart person can draw parallels to modern society (in the case of letters of recommendation - LinkedIn recommendation).

This book won't make you literally rich, but will help steer you towards the personality traits of those who are.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it too, the fact it was written in the 30's also give it a slightly different style that you don't see that often anymore. But it was engaging nonetheless.
on 20 October 2017
I loved this book. Wasn't sure what to expect but it's like nothing I've read before. Napoleon Hill was so ahead of his time. I love the fact that much of the book refers to heros and geniuses from the past (which were current for Napoleon) It's like stepping back in time but also very fresh. The point is that human nature doesn't really change and the mind sets that made people great 100 years ago are the same that will see people succeed today. I love the old style language, such a change from the brash 'money talk' in other more modern books. Although the title speaks of 'growing rich' I think it should be 'grow great' as it's about being the best of yourself and achieving your goals. I intend on reading it another couple of times and taking notes so that it really sinks in.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 May 2014
Do not leave this planet without having read this book. This book is a manual to successful living.

As a student of sport and exercise science a lot of the same science taught in my course can be found in this manual including: performance psychology, life-style coaching and management, and leadership skills.

On the flip side there is an esoteric thread running through the book. For me this adds something to the success. This may not be generally understood by the mainstream but with time and practice you can learn for yourself. EXPERINCE IS KNOWLEDGE!!

You can get the whole book online (www.sacred-texts.com) but I would recommend buying one for study purposes. Read it once nice a quickly and then spend a week studying each chapter then decide what you want then ACT.

I WISE YOU ALL THE BEST!!
on 16 June 2015
I read it (despite the off-putting title) because it was on a recommended reading list of someone I respect.

Written in the 1930's as the US was recovering from a devastating recession it contains an interesting mix of good sense, contemporary anecdotes and cod science. Perhaps not exactly "cod science", but an attempt to explain what the writer had observed by close examination of a number of "rich" and successful men over many years.

It works as a "how to" manual for focussing one's life on achieving goals (money) and over-riding some of the instinctive knee jerk reactions we seem to have inherited in our DNA from ancestors who lived in a different environment with different needs (caves, hunting, "Flintstones" etc.).

His method is based on controlling the "Subconscious Mind".

Napoleon Hill nods to the acceptance of higher and unexplained powers ("Infinite Intelligence") in an atheistic way - that seems comfortably "modern" - but he also writes as if business was the sole preserve of "men" - which may jar for some.

Some of his ideas were particularly enlightened (for the time) such as the need for cooperation between management and labour and that "The watchword of the future will be human happiness and contentment ..."

And educationalists who are in the Sir Ken Robinson camp they might agree with page 39 - "This "missing link" in all systems of education known to civilization today, may be found in the failure of educational institutions to teach their students how to organize and use knowledge after they acquire it". On page 171 he states that "fear destroys initiative and discourages the use of imagination" - now accepted (and tweeted ad nauseam) but when written it may have been something of a revelation.

It was worth a read for me - and being able to make notes on the Kindle increases the usefulness of this book when I return to it for reference.