Customer reviews

Inspiration 9: Concept Mapping Software

on 20 May 2012
I have used mind mapping books for years, so to have a user friendly computer verison is fab. i use it for academic work, in my workplace and organising my personal life. If yo like mind maps you will live this.
VINE VOICEon 3 August 2011
What impresses me about this is the ability first to download a full trial version for 30 days - try before you buy - which is often not available for software of this type. When you have done so, you will soon find whether this is for you.

It clearly works for me as I have purchased the full version. What gives some comfort about this software is that it has a pedigree and an online community of users - although these seem to be mainly educationally based.

The program probably helps teachers to provide children with experience of constructing their thoughts in a rational way and then ordering them in a logical fashion. The diagram and mapping views provide visual displays and links between main and sub-topics. The colourful nature of this probably makes learning more interestingand fun.

Information may also be input and displayed in a more traditional outline view which is not dissimilar from Word's own Outline/auto-numbering/styles etc. features, but Inspiration's version is easier to use. The diagram view or map view can be converted instantly to an Outline View and vice-versa (and back again) as the click of a button.

The program is, for me an expensive luxury - it enables me to create headings and record relevant points quickly immediately (before I forget them or my mind wanders off to other thoughts) and in a way which can be shown graphically.

What it does NOT seem to have been designed for (although no doubt someone many correct me on this) is a lengthy dissertation or novel - i.e. it is not a word processor, but an ideas vault.

That is why I am pleased that you can download the trialware version to see if it does for you what you want it to. It certainly is worth a try.
on 7 November 2010
I used this extensively when I was working in Education. After retirement I've been writing a series of novels and this is an excellent piece of software for creating ideas and relationships.
It is very user friendly and produces easily manipulated schematics. For example: creating family trees for the characters, plotting alternative courses of action and even producing graphical illustrations for book proposals.
I'm conscious that I am only using about five percent of its capability but I know of no other product that can so easily produce what I need.
It's expensive for such simple use but I justified the purchase because of its unique qualities.
on 21 September 2010
"I was refunded promptly for a product that arrived in poor condition. The seller said that it was as described but didn't quibble over a refund. This is very important and next time I would not be put off buying from this seller again. However I would be very careful to note any description instead of just relying on "New" statement."
on 11 February 2011
I have used Inspiration for many years and find it invaluable. I have dyslexia and find it difficult to get my thoughts and ideas together in a cohesive way. With inspiration it allows me to think of something, write it down and then as new thoughts occur I can use use the 'note box' to write down further ideas and this way they are stored in a logic way for me to easily return to.

Furthermore, if I have to re-call information for an exam or presentation etc I use the pictures as an aid memoir.

I also like the ability to use a number of colours to isolate each topic. There are other programmes that do more than inspiration but they cost an awful lot more, therefore I think Inspiration is good value for money when compared with other programmes available on the market.