VINE VOICEon 3 August 2011
What impresses me about this is the ability first to download a full trial version for 30 days - try before you buy - which is often not available for software of this type. When you have done so, you will soon find whether this is for you.

It clearly works for me as I have purchased the full version. What gives some comfort about this software is that it has a pedigree and an online community of users - although these seem to be mainly educationally based.

The program probably helps teachers to provide children with experience of constructing their thoughts in a rational way and then ordering them in a logical fashion. The diagram and mapping views provide visual displays and links between main and sub-topics. The colourful nature of this probably makes learning more interestingand fun.

Information may also be input and displayed in a more traditional outline view which is not dissimilar from Word's own Outline/auto-numbering/styles etc. features, but Inspiration's version is easier to use. The diagram view or map view can be converted instantly to an Outline View and vice-versa (and back again) as the click of a button.

The program is, for me an expensive luxury - it enables me to create headings and record relevant points quickly immediately (before I forget them or my mind wanders off to other thoughts) and in a way which can be shown graphically.

What it does NOT seem to have been designed for (although no doubt someone many correct me on this) is a lengthy dissertation or novel - i.e. it is not a word processor, but an ideas vault.

That is why I am pleased that you can download the trialware version to see if it does for you what you want it to. It certainly is worth a try.
on 9 May 2011
I got version 8 as part of a package i needed to do an Open Uni course as i have ADHD and Dyslexia. its great for putting your thoughts together and organising them. the software will even put things into a word doc for you if required. this new version has some new features that are great like the presentation slides bit. the help is a bit tricky to start with but after the first time its a doddle to use. the map scene is easy to use as everything is there for you in one of the menu bars top and bottom. the spell checker works on everything even the mind maps!!! If you have problems organising your thoughts then this is for you. not sure about the sellers as i went with iansyst who gave me the version 8 orginally.
on 11 February 2011
I have used Inspiration for many years and find it invaluable. I have dyslexia and find it difficult to get my thoughts and ideas together in a cohesive way. With inspiration it allows me to think of something, write it down and then as new thoughts occur I can use use the 'note box' to write down further ideas and this way they are stored in a logic way for me to easily return to.

Furthermore, if I have to re-call information for an exam or presentation etc I use the pictures as an aid memoir.

I also like the ability to use a number of colours to isolate each topic. There are other programmes that do more than inspiration but they cost an awful lot more, therefore I think Inspiration is good value for money when compared with other programmes available on the market.
on 20 May 2012
I have used mind mapping books for years, so to have a user friendly computer verison is fab. i use it for academic work, in my workplace and organising my personal life. If yo like mind maps you will live this.
on 25 April 2014
this software is very god for mind mapping and will be very good for helping me with my studdying etc.
VINE VOICEon 17 June 2013
Not being very up on IT as a mature student, I hadn't heard of this programme.

A fellow student told me about it and now I fid it indispensible for projects.

Recommended!
on 5 January 2014
I've been using Inspiration for the last 3 and a half years and I wouldn't be without it. Bought this copy when I upgraded to another machine. It's such a useful tool for harnessing ideas on anything you can think of. Pop them down as they come to you in the diagram layout and then you can order them in the linear layout. And, best of all, it's not an expensive piece of kit.
on 8 December 2013
I like to mess with new things and don't mind if my enthusiasm wanes after a while. Having said that, I use this regularly. A lot of things can be put into this flexible format. Try it. Me like.
on 5 May 2013
this is easy to use but how to apply it to real situations can be difficult, some examples, especilly video examples would be really useful
on 7 November 2010
I used this extensively when I was working in Education. After retirement I've been writing a series of novels and this is an excellent piece of software for creating ideas and relationships.
It is very user friendly and produces easily manipulated schematics. For example: creating family trees for the characters, plotting alternative courses of action and even producing graphical illustrations for book proposals.
I'm conscious that I am only using about five percent of its capability but I know of no other product that can so easily produce what I need.
It's expensive for such simple use but I justified the purchase because of its unique qualities.