on 4 August 2013
I've always thought that buying information that is probably already in the user manual a bit odd but I've tried with several authors to check whether this is the case. And this book definitely is 'oaky' but nothing special. You get a couple of useful hints and tips but frankly you could spend some time internet searching to achieve the same. It's much better written than the Fuji manual but save your cash and look elsewhere.
on 17 July 2015
Excellent book. Far more informative than the Fuji handbook. Always made sure it was handy so I could return to the settings I wanted after the camera changed its settings while in transport. (Far too easy to accidentally turn the camera on and alter settings, even if just sitting on a car/bus passenger seat). As I'm still very much a film man, the explanations into various digital settings (and the great range of facilities offered by these cameras) was extremely useful to one just getting into limited digital photography.
on 13 March 2012
With 15 years of photographic practice (including 10 months with X100) I thought there wasn't much that anyone could teach me about using this camera, so I bought this book reluctantly. (I bought the Kindle version which saved me a bit of money - I read it on my PC with a free Kindle app, I have no Kindle device). Well I was wrong! I have found many tips and tricks there that are useful. Yes there are a few sections that do not add much to the standard user manual (the author could just leave them out in my opinion) but the rest is well worth the money.
11 Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 January 2013
I Purchased this book on the strength of the positive reviews on Amazon. Having only ever used point and shoot cameras previously, this book has been invaluable. It's also worth looking at some of the tutorial videos available on YouTube regarding Aperture, Exposure and ISO etc if you are new to photography. But yes, a very well worth while purchase that I'm sure will enable me to get the most from the Fuji X100 camera.
on 9 February 2015
The Fuji X100 is a beautiful and brilliant camera, capable of taking striking images of the highest quality. It's not the most intuitive beast though and getting the best from it takes effort and understanding. This incredibly detailed guide book will help you get to grips with your camera and push you to use features you didn't know existed in situations you might never have thought of shooting in.

A word of warning, though - the X100 has undergone several firmware updates since this book was published, some of them very substantial. Some of the book's advice is no longer applicable as a result, and some of the challenges it talks about are smaller issues than they were at launch. It's still a valuable companion for any X100 owner, though.
on 7 June 2013
This book is comprehensive (without duplicating the manual provided), written in a direct and understandable way, and structured usefully, with a description setting out the details of a function or feature followed by instructions on how to make settings and adjustments. The author is a photographer's photographer.
on 12 October 2016
Basically a re-write of the manual that comes with the camera. Does not offer anything you can't find in the manual provided with the camera, just looks and reads nicer.
on 24 December 2012
I had just bought a 2nd hand fuji and I knew it was a not a normal «point and shooter» camera. This book teached me a lot about this amazing camera. a simple and easy reading for the users of the fuji x100. A lot of tips that can really help you on your «owner experience».For example the setting that allows you to specifie a iso window-mine is set to 1600-where the camera , when it «feels» that is not enough light ,will jump up the iso to a well exposed photo. A small , easy, user friendly book with a lot to teach you. I know that i am a better handler of the X100 because of it.
on 8 November 2012
I found this book an invaluable help. It is well written, informative and gives a balanced description of the camera and it's rather complicated menu systems. The X100 is a great camera for the thinking photographer and this book gives helpful advice which is pitched at the right level. It is very readable and I find myself dipping back into it for advice, which is something I would never do with an instruction booklet.
on 13 July 2014
Very clear description and informative, if written from personal usage standpoint that wont suit everyone If you want a clear concise book on how to set and use the X100 the Magic Lantern Guide is better.