on 9 September 2017
Despite the fact that the language in this book is easy to read and that the metaphor of the bucket, as a container of compliments or criticisms, and kind acts or meanness which influence our emotions and how we deal with other people, is a great but hard concept for under 7s to understand. However, it is a super class book for PSD for P2 or P3 when we focus on the positive and how we all feel good when filled with our or other people's good deeds and kind, polite words.
As this is an American text it is a bit preachy in places especially where it focuses too much on the negative ways we can empty other people's buckets by being unkind, and through ungenerous actions.
on 29 July 2017
My nephews are very pleased with this book. It made for interesting discussion at story time and I think it will make a lasting impression. The book arrived quickly and in good condition.
on 6 September 2014
My class are Year 3s but still love this book, and have always eagerly taken on board the idea of everyone having an 'invisible bucket' which is filled with happiness and love, as well as tipped out sometimes by people's actions and words. A great metaphor, and great PSHE tool. Makes a great display in your classroom too!
on 1 January 2015
Excellent book! I love the message of respect for the others,of the importance of showing your feelings to the others.It's a must have for children and grown ups.
on 8 February 2016
These books in this :Bucket Filling" project are WONDERFUL and the message they convey is VITAL for all the human race!!!
on 24 March 2017
Love this book. Perfect for my 9 year old
on 5 May 2016
Great follow up to A Bucket Full of Happiness. Have used both books for my teaching.
on 13 August 2017
lovely book
on 31 March 2013
Love this book, I read and sang with my kids, they love it. It's a wonderful idea of making this world a better place to live.
on 22 July 2015
very good book , positive we we enjoyed reading it