Customer reviews

on 24 May 2010
As a novice who desired to broaden my knowledge of this area, I bought this handbook based on 2 things. The single (postive) review and the fact that I could take a look inside. The book is well written and informative. However, it does 'what it says on the tin' i.e. it is a 'handbook'. Consequently, I have been sitting and straining my eyes with a magnifying glass to make out which lead is which, and counting the waves to determine the frequencies. It's not fun and it doesn't work well at all. Other handbooks like the 'ECG Made Easy' are still readable despite the small format and don't cause much strain. This book, however, has been giving me headaches and I suppose that the principle reason that I am still trying to read it, is that I have spent about £30 on it and would like to derive some benfit from it. I didn't get the sense of its actual size from the online 'Look Inside' feature and the fact that it sits 'neatly in a tunic' isnt helping my eye's. So, whilst it is a thorough and compelling read - I'd rather have bought something else - and indeed will be likely to do so!
on 1 November 2009
This is exactly what I needed for studying EEG. It fits nicely in my tunic pocket and is easy to read. Chapters are short and too the point. There's pictures to accompany the chapters which are very helpful, except they're quite small.