Format: Misc. Supplies|Change

on 29 January 2011
This is the second Xtraflex light that I have brought. The first one lasted me about 5 years and the light itself is still actually working, but the switch has broken. You can get cheaper reading lights, but I prefer to pay the extra as they last so long.

It took nearly two weeks to get delivered to me, which was annoying as I was desperate to read my Christmas presents.
on 31 May 2014
I wanted a light for my daughter in her high bed so she didn't have to climb down and switch off the light at bedtime.
Brilliant little light - we've clipped it on the side of the bed.Use one light or two if neccessary. Flexible neck to move into any position.
Comes with batteries.
Would definitely recommend this.
on 27 January 2012
This light is very bright and it has two levels of brightness. The batteries that came with it didnt last very long though I have Duracell ones in it now so will see how long it lasts this time. The only drawback is it is a bit on the heavy side for a book and it can weigh it down you have to clamp it to a substantial amount of pages to keep it steady. Wouldnt be ideal for a magazine as the pages wouldnt hold it up due to the weight.
on 28 December 2014
Bought for my daughter to read in bed. Nice bright LED lights. Excellent product.

I've borrowed it for DIY jobs where you need to see in to dark corners or need that extra bit of light at an odd angle.

Good battery life too
on 22 June 2012
I wanted a light for my kindle.
After looking at various makes and models, I chose this one.
I am very pleased with it.
It has 2 light settings.
It is bright enough to read your kindle with it on just one light setting.
The clip is robust.
I am happy to recommend this product.
on 6 March 2013
This was okay but far from ideal. It clips on to the page (or pages), but directs a dull, narrow beam only to one side, not wide enough even to cover the whole page. Clipped in the middle, neither side is properly lit, so it needs moving from side to side, constantly, which spoils the read. I now have the one that clips on to the headboard and casts a wider, better light, enabling a comfortable read, so this booklight is tucked away in a drawer - just in case.
on 4 November 2013
While I'm very happy with the actual light, I've only given it 3 stars because of the colour. I thought we were going to be sent the light pink colour on the website as it was to go with a little girl's disney princess room. I wondered if we had accidentally been sent a purple/lilac light until I noticed the package did said 'pink' - maybe there is a 'pink' and a 'light pink'...I thought it worth mentioning incase the actual shade of pink colour is important to you.
on 8 December 2012
I had recently bought another reading light so that I didn't keep my partner awake at night, it was incredibly small and certainly bright enough but the batteries lasted less than 3 weeks and at £3 a time to replace them I wasn't prepared to carry on using it. This was my replacement. Haven't had it long but so far, brilliant. There is the choice of 1 or 2 leds and 1 is more than enough. A very long, flexible neck which comes in handy for bigger books or the possibility of clipping to a headboard. There is also an adapter that can be bought seperatley to plug the lamp directley into the mains, which I have bought but not used yet. I am currently reading a paperback and the lamp clips onto the back page and isn't so heavy that it would damage the book. I love this little light and wouldn't hesitate to buy one as a gift.
on 7 June 2014
What can I report other than this product works brilliantly. Casts a perfectly diffused reading light (half beam is more than adequate) which does not spill out further into a dark room. Great functionality in the clip & neck, which seems to bend anywhere without problem. I've had many reading lights over the years but this is, by far, the best & I can also use this for close-up repair work without fear of tiring my vision.
Been using for a while now with no sign yet of power fading. Thoroughly recommended.
on 28 June 2010
Floods the book with light, but doesn't bother the other sleepers.
Brilliant product, light in weight and good-looking too.