on 14 June 2017
The first one I bought broke where the wire comes out of the adaptor and I am not the first to have this happen. I have taped the wire on this replacement at that point to make a break less likely and would advise other buyers to do the same.
The up side is that it saves considerably on batteries.
on 30 July 2017
Bought this to go with the Mighty Bright LED book light and it works perfectly. The lead is long enough to reach from the bed post and down to the socket on the floor behind the bed.
on 11 April 2017
Bought as a gift for a relative who is happy with this
on 29 July 2017
Great
on 9 March 2010
I got tired of using up batteries (though the Mighty Bright isn't too bad in this area). So I use the AC adaptor for most nights, and batteries for when I travel. Seems to work very well. HAving a lead connected to the light and book is only slightly inconvenient, I find.
on 31 December 2010
If you're an avid reader, would recommend purchasing this adaptor for your Mighty Bright. Great for use at home or reading in bed. Sensible long cord reaches my nearest power socket. Only negative point - if you also use batteries, you need to remove these before you can use the adaptor, but this is a very minor point. Considering the cost of batteries, would recommend this product.
22 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 December 2011
The product description on this is confusing - it refers to a 3m power cord and later to a 1.8m cable. Mine arrived today and the cable is 1.8m long. No idea what the 3m is about.

Anyway, I'm otherwise very pleased with it. I've been using my Mighty Bright light with batteries and I've found that even Duracell ones don't last well - the light pretty quickly gets too dim to be much help reading. Now that I've got this power cable, the light is back at full strength and will be from now on, of course.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 September 2010
Batteries are expensive and of course, you never know when they are going to run out of power - and the last thing you want is for them to fade during a performance! So this gadget is great.
Apart from one thing......the cable isn't quite long enough. Had it been longer I would have awarded five stars.
Used in conjunction with Mighty Bright MBD2 Xtraflex Deluxe Duet 2 Light it is very useful for live performances. At first I thought the jack connector didn't fit into the light set, but it does fit, it is just that it isn't meant to be pushed all the way inside. I expected all of the shaft to go inside the jack socket, but it doesn't. It works fine though.

There is a weak point to this adaptor that I have discovered over time - where the cable joins the plug there is a tendency for the cable to break. So it might be useful to know that if you strengthen that bit with some electrical tape before use it will prolong the life of the cable.
on 23 April 2012
I have bought one from Amazon for my wife and then bought another for myself when I saw how well it works. The light is very clear and easy on the eyes and you do not keep your partner awake at night as you might do when using a bedside lamp.
The lithium batteries supplied only last so long - 24 hours of continuous use and I highly recommend that you buy a mighty bright charger for each one. The lead is long enough to reach a bedside socket and it is not an encumbrance.
It would be handy to buy some replacement batteries for travelling - they are quite cheap.
on 29 October 2013
I brought the adapter to go with the Mighty Bright Blue Xtraflex LED Book Light so we would not go through hundreds of batteries, as it sounded from the descriptions and reviews that the items were compatable. However there is no socket on the Mighty Bright Blue Xtraflex LED Book Light for the adapter to plug into. Returning the adapter now but can not return lamp as the packaged has been opened. The lamp itself is bright and reasonably priced, but I will now need to purchase another item that is mains powered.