Customer reviews

on 27 April 2016
Having suffered intermittent bouts of clinical depression in the past 8 months and now managing it without drugs, I must say this book summarises everything I've learnt with God's grace during that period and which has led me to this day. This is the MUST-READ book on depression for people of all religious backgrounds, for the blessed who are suffering and for their carers. Not only does it set out clearly what depression looks like, what it feels like, causes, and the range of possible treatments and their limitations, but also explains what those suffering can do to heal their souls in a very sensitive and nuanced way. Breath-taking.
on 2 February 2016
Very good book giving an excellent explanation for depression and the treatments for it. Also highlights the importance of the link between the soul and the brain and that leaving out the spiritual dimension of the depressed will impair any treatments for depression.
on 13 October 2014
So many words and so little information. I bought this for some people who suffer depression on recommendation alone they both gave up part way through claiming they just could not get into it. I gave it a go and was lost during the oh so long forward. I persevered through a few chapters and it really never got any better. In fact there was just so much waffle and wordiness it started to wind me up. I never did find any *help* in it.

Might be handy for an academic studying the subject who loves wordiness. Me I can sum it up in one word - "Disappointing" !
on 27 May 2013
holistic, spiritual and physical, a satisfactory read which helps many(I should imagine) and not only catholics.What more can I say
on 22 March 2014
A book which gives those with depression real hope. As God's children we do not suffer alone. Love conquers all.
on 23 December 2015
Wonderful book. Very readable and helpful
on 4 September 2015