Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 May 2013
Several of the hats were made using yarn that is not available in this country and the alternatives do not give the same results.
on 12 June 2017
NOT FOR THE NOVICE KNITTER
on 25 March 2013
I was a little disappointed with this book as it is more for the american knitters. It doesn't tell what weight or thickness of yarn to use
that is comparative to the english yarn. I shall be giving this to my daughter, who lives in America, when she cames to visit us in the summer. There are some good designs of hats in this book,
on 20 September 2010
A useful book - there are a few which are too "way out" for me but on the whole some good designs.

The only drawback is that, being an American book, it will take some work to find equivalent yarns and get the correct tension but some of the patterns will definitely be worth the effort.
on 8 January 2011
I really should give up buying American knitting books! I was swayed with this one because of the variety on the front cover. However they are all knit on circular needles (not good when you like to tuck a needle under your arm to get your speed up)& the yarn used is incredibly thick. The patterns will require a lot of adapting to 2 needles & thinner yarn so I probably won't use this much.
44 Comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2011
I bought this, one each for my sisters-in-law and they love it. They're both good little knitters but have not done much other than scarves so this tested their skill. There are some lovely designs so I'm looking forwrad to receiving the fruits of their labour very soon.
on 28 August 2014
What a book - such different hats. I have lost my hair through chemo and decided to make a few different ones, all of them came out great, many people comment on them, in fact three people want me to make them some. You do need experience with yarns as many of the patterns are using American yarn but with experience you can match to UK yarn.
on 1 May 2013
I am getting a collection of hat books as I find hats are a good present, quick to make when you have a large family. This book was a good find, and I am very pleased with it.
on 10 September 2010
This book has a good range of "fashion hats" for women, but I was disappointed it didn't have just a few more for kids and men. Maybe 3 stars is a bit low, but 4 would be too many.
on 28 February 2013
Well written. Have made several already. Love it would recommend it to others.
Unusual hats and easy to follow instructions