Customer reviews

on 5 October 2009
I didn't have any expectations of this book, it was one of those "why not?" purchases as I was browsing Amazon. However, I was absolutely delighted with the whole content of the book. Beautifully photographed, with delicious knitting patterns, the author has a wonderful writing style that describes her travels around Tuscany. It made me feel as though I had actually been there with her, and after only a short glance through the book, I almost felt as though I had been on holiday myself! She describes various shops visited, one in particular in Florence took my fancy and now I feel I have to actually visit it myself to experience it first-hand. All-in-all a fantastic book, well worth buying even if you don't intend to knit anything. One of the nicest books I have bought in a long time. I can highly recommend this to anyone.
on 30 September 2009
A visually stunning book, with a variety of interesting knitted projects, as well as information about Tuscany, places to visit, recipes and local wool stockists and manufacturers in the area.

Whilst not a book for the beginner, certainly one for the creative knitter. Perhaps not easy to find some of the yarns used - especially for UK knitters, but with a bit of hunting around and patience could find some equivalents. Certainly a book to inspire other knitting projects, if not the ones in the book.
on 10 September 2009
I really think this is the worst knitting book in my innumerable collection.
It is not a knitting book, but a travelogue. I was truly embarrassed that I bought it.
A total surprise? Sure was, it is a road trip (ego trip?), not a craft book.
Ghastly. Hardly anything to knit in here, not that there are many patterns.
I love Nicky, but hate this book.

Buy It Now anyone.....?
on 6 August 2012
When I ordered this book I thought I was buying another of Nicky Epstein's wonderful pattern books. But this is more a travel book with regional recipes, history and general information about Tuscany. The knitting patterns are inspired by the beautiful scenery and architecture. The wrap on the front looks complicated but it isn't! The layout and photography is excellent. An inspirational book for just browsing through or for tackling the projects. I am delighted with it.
BD Cork Ireland
on 7 February 2013
The book in itself is lovely and the patterns are so different that your fingers itch to make them. If you enjoy wearing something different to what you can buy in the shops go for it.
on 6 May 2016
love this content it can be used in a modern world
on 24 August 2009
This book was a total surprise.

Not only has it wonderful unusual knitting patterns, it has the most beautiful dialogue and photos from Tuscany.

Just one of the most wonderful books in my vast collection
on 1 July 2009
Another great book from Nicky, slighty different from her usual knitting books but a lovely knitting book with the added bonus of a tour of Tuscany. I would recommend this book.
on 16 October 2014