on 10 August 2015
Easy to read and informative for the budding screenwriter. A great resource to come back to time and again. However, it's hardly 'the only book on screenwriting you'll ever need'! It provides lots of insights, but no book is sufficient unto itself - as evidenced by the fact that he went on to write several more himself! Despite that, this is definitely one of my 'keepers'.
on 14 October 2017
A misleading title, in that there is nothing in here on the actual mechanics of writing a screenplay. The book is well written and full of great tips if you are an absolute beginner, but if you want to know how to format or structure your screenplay, then look elsewhere.
on 15 June 2017
This is my second edition. The other is in a packing case somewhere. This book is fun, instructive and a valuable resource.
on 30 July 2017
While this is a good read and there is some nice structure points, I wouldn't follow it blindly and expect to write a hit movie.
on 23 June 2017
as described. for daughter.
on 17 July 2017
Arrived safe and sound
Now part of my library.
on 29 April 2017
Good, clear follows a formula, but I needed straight forward clear guidance and it does just that. Examples for films I knew.
on 7 December 2012
The blurb 'the only book on screenwriting you'll ever need' is not true. However, it is very good and it will help you considerably to knock your screenplay into a saleable structure, sort out the beats and generally assist you to raise your game. I think it should be read in conjunction with Vogler's 'The Heroes Journey' and Mckee's 'Story'.
on 8 September 2017
Lots of good information.
on 6 March 2017
My bible, I look to it every time I have an idea or when I need to remind myself of something screenwriting related.