Format: Ring-bound|Change

on 2 January 2007
Fantastic - within 30 minutes all those bits of paper with recipes I had cut out of magazines etc over the years were neatly stored in the binder thanks to the fantastic self adhesive pages.

Separate sections and loose leaf design make it really easy to use it as you wish

Every home should have one!

A mother of three and busy but keen cook!
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2010
Can you believe that in the description no mention is made of the fact that this cannot accommodate an A4 piece of paper?!!! It is a lovely product with perhaps too many dividers (we wanted a more simple one with dividers for starters, main and puddings and this has masses) but the killer - and why we are sending it back - is that what we want most of all is to print recipes off the internet and stick them in here. You cannot do this unless you don't mind the pages sticking out top and bottom. Lovely but useless.
44 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 April 2009
After 20 years of using an old folder decided to go sophisticated. I like the kind of photo album sticker pages that enable you to place cut outs of recipes to be kept in good order. The write your recipe sheets on are also helpful. However I have also used A4 pocket holders (not included)that can be clipped in to keeper to put in my recipes that are on A4 sheets photocopied from recipe books etc. I've also changed one of the tabs (with some typex) to baking as or'derves (bet I haven't spelt it right either) are not my type of cooking.

Overall I've been pleased and a couple of friends have commented (as I'm not exactly a Delia Smith!) how organised it makes me look.
on 13 January 2011
I bought this recipe keeper for my 13 year old son who is a keen cook. I thought it would be useful to keep copies of some of his favourite recipes from my stack of books rather than keep wading through them. He also saves all the free receipe cards available at supermarkets. It was a stocking-filler, and I bought it as the design was not a feminine one which so many of these items are.
Annoyingly it seems to be published in Quarto size (I think) which is about 1" shorter than A4. So anything you print off the internet or photocopy has to be trimmed down. Even more annoying is that it does not use the normal hole punch sizes that we use in the UK. It has 3 holes which is awkward to get in the right place.
Shame as it would be brilliant otherwise. Useful self adhesive plastic covered pages, dividers etc., but if I had bought it for myself I would have returned it, as I can't see it being used.
on 21 January 2010
All the good things said about this, I generally agree with. One reviewer mentioned it will take a long time to fill up. This however is not the case, if like me you have quite a few recipes, then the pages provided fill up very quickly. There are also pockets to put them in, which keeps them out of the way, but obviously not displayed.

My problem with this, is when I came to order additional pages. Amazon do not stock these, and they have to be bought direct from the supplier who are in America, and the cost of the postage, makes them very very expensive.
on 13 July 2009
This is an excellent folder with lots of sections for writing your recipes. Each tab has a pocket so you can quickly put cut outs in order but at the back there are also self adhesive pages.
There is so much room in this folder for lots of recipes that I wont come close to filling it straight away but will have an organised time doing it!
The price may seem a little high for what it is but trust me, it is totally worth it!
on 30 April 2012
I bought this recipe keeper which is really good value - lots of room inside for lots of recipes! But.... Amazon suggested buying a paperchase refill pack, which I did. They didn't say that the refill pack is for an A5 folder and the Recipe Keeper is A4 !!!!! Now I have to pay the return delivery charge for the refill pack - not a happy bunny! :(
on 1 July 2009
Id been looking for a 'scrap book' like this for ages and although it was a little more than I wanted to pay, I wasn't disappointed! It really is a beautiful book with plenty of inserts to add your own receipes. And if you run out of the plastic covered pages then you can order more. I thought it would be a real chore to add all my loose receipes, but it really wasn't.

Every kitchen needs a receipe scrapbook. And they dont come much better than this one.
on 17 June 2010
When it arrived I was impressed, it looks lovely, with great quotes on each subject divider that you store your own recipes. However, on starting to use it I'm a little disappointed. The folder has lots of different dividers for the type of recipes you may have - but not quite the headings I would choose. They have meat, poultry and fish together, with pasta in a different subject heading - so I'm not sure where to put my salmon tagliatelle recipe! Alas there was also no Cakes/Biscuits category, so Holidays/Parties had to do - as long as I remember!

You then have a choice of writing your recipe out, putting it into what used to be the old photo album style sheets - which means only recipes that are printed on one side could be put into the sheets, or storing them in the pocket folder which is no different to storing them all in a recipe book, which is no different to what I started with, although of course they can be stored in the appropriate category. The problem is with the recipe store cards you receive, e.g. waitrose recipe cards are written on both sides and so they won't go in the sheets, I'm certainly not going to write them out (and I need the picture to see what its supposed to look like!), and so the majority of recipes I get will end up in the folder - not quite what I had envisaged when I was looking for one.

If you can buy plastic see through pockets for the folder to put your recipes in, it would then solve the problem,and be a really good addition to your kitchen, but it is a 3 ring binder and so I'm not sure if you can.
on 1 September 2009
Really pleased with this folder, it has pockets for storing recipes and spaces for written recipes for all the usual catagories relating to food. Plastic adhesive sheets at the back provide extra storage.The ring binder allows easy access and removal,conversions for liquid and dry measures information and all wipes clean