on 14 November 2005
I have doubled my sales figures thanks to this book. Very well constructed and designed. Essential for all those who wish to improve their sales.
on 21 March 2011
At a few points in this book I felt slightly uncomfortable about Dan Kennedy's openly voiced advice on how to influence and manipulate people into buying your product. The very word 'manipulate' (which Kennedy does use often in the book) has negative connotations of mind control and making someone do something against their natural inclination.

I realise that this is somewhat unfair on my part, and that everything we buy - from the car we drive to biscuits from the supermarket - has been the subject of some kind of sales strategy, and that all advertising is a form of manipulation. But I am not a sales professional, just someone with a general interest in business and marketing, so much of what is relevant advice to dedicated salespeople would not be appropriate for me to put into practice.

Having said that, there was some really useful stuff here that could be applied to any businessperson, not just those earning sales commissions. I particularly liked Dan Kennedy's differentiation between positive thinking as pie in the sky, cock-eyed optimism, and positive thinking as a result of solid preparation for success.

I give this book five stars because Dan Kennedy has presented lots of good ideas, food for thought, and strategies that could be adapted to many business situations. I intend to hang on to this book for future reference, and also to read more books by this author.
on 20 July 2010
This book is great for any salesperson who is willing to change their old ways and become a money making machine. you will have to face some home truths though.

It will only work if you have the freedom in your job if your boss won't give you any control over marketing budget or reasses the sales process then get a new job!