Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 May 2015
My 4 year old has ADHD.
He talks non stop at the top of his voice. All day long.
He speaks even louder if my husband and I are trying to have a conversation or are in the car.
He is very amused with this book.. loves it when I read about the his tummy rumbling and the words bursting through his mouth.

Whenever he is interrupting us, I now say 'your volcano is erupting... hold it in........ hold it in... now breathe the words out through your nose'
He thinks it is very funny when I say it and I might need to say it a few times but it actually works (in the end..)

Overall a very enjoyable book to read whether you need a child to learn to keep quiet or not.
on 28 February 2014
This is a great book, which I used as I had one child in particular that constantly would shout out, but not on purpose. The book teaches easy strategies that don't seem to preach or single anyone out. Also gives an excuse to have a bit of a science lesson and stink the class out with vinegar and bicarb! (or mints and coke if you don't want to breathe in vinegar all day long) I have now bought about half of Julia Cook's books. Beware that as an American counsellor/writer the book does contain some Americanisms, so best shared with a class, rather than children reading the text directly.
on 16 January 2016
We love, love love this book. I have loud and boisterous kids and we read alot so I thought this would be worth a go. They haven't picked up on the idea as quickly as others but they enjoy the book and it gives us the chance to talk about erupting.
on 14 May 2015
I bought this for my 10 year old son who has autism and interrupts constantly.He has chronic verbal diarrohea!
He liked this story and really listened to it,not interrupting as much as he usually would when i read to him.
on 2 January 2014
I read this book to my very talkative class. I enjoyed watching them discuss what the boy should do. Now I just have to remind them about biting on their words.
on 4 August 2013
Bought for use in a primary school - helped some children to think about what they are saying and how to talk to others.
Good for aged 5 up.
on 20 September 2015
An amazing book which has worked both in the classroom and at home! My littlest tiddly peep knows just what to do when we say the word "Volcano!" I will certainly be buying more from this author.
on 12 May 2013
I have A LOT of children in my class who are just like the main character of this book. A fabulous story which values all of the important things that children have to say while gently reminding them that they need to wait their turn! Has what every good children's book needs - a strong character, a repetitive phrase running throughout and a strong message.
on 1 May 2015
like all her books, good but I have some issues with the description. it's as if she misses some of the point and doesn't describe it in a way that convinces me that she knows what she's talking about.
on 10 November 2013
I bought this book for my 4yrs old son, we read it once and he liked it, but not interested in reading it again! Colourful, easy language. I think perhaps the storyline didn't interest him.