on 1 September 2012
My mistake. I think the book I looked at in store was probably one of the others in the series, and I chose the one that I am less likely to use. It's a bit frudtrating that Nicky Epstein has divided these techniques into 3 seperate books. I'm sure it's great for her business, but not the best way to reference the topic. Knitting on, over and beyond the edge are really 3 volumes of the same book. Ideally to offer all 3 at a discount would be good, or combine them all into one. I'm sure I'll use this, but I'll always be wondering - is there a more appropriate technique in one of the other books.
What I really wanted was more of a discussion about how to add an edge to a garment - eg if the garment has 150 rows in stocking stitch, how many stitches would I pick up along the edge to add a moss stitch border. None of that in this book. Sorry to dissapoint you!
on 11 April 2015
I adore Nicky Epstein's work at the best of times,and this book is essential to any serious knitters library. this will enable you to turn a piece of good work into the spectacular,and truly jaw dropping. There are ideas here for so many different projects that it's difficult to choose just one.
For me personally,Nicky has taken knitting from being previously regarded as the sole domain of little old ladies producing ill fitting sweaters and unwanted scarves and moved it to where it truly belongs in the twenty first century. It is almost as if she can see right into your head and helps to create the very finish that you were trying to conjure up in your own mind,but didn't know where to begin. It really is that good.
on 16 January 2018
Great choice of edges. Well presented book and inspiring.
on 7 April 2013
I bought this book expecting to be able to use the edgings to vary a standard knitting pattern for my granddaughters. Although there are a few that could be used, and a few more that could with some planning be used, most are worked over too many stitches to prove effective on small children's garments. Sadly, therefore, although I have spent quite some time looking at this book, it has not been used to knit anything.
on 15 November 2016
Excellent
on 2 December 2015
Another excellent book from Nicky Epstein. I love it!!!!
on 18 May 2013
this book is totally inspirational.I have never seen so many edging techniques.also the projects for each category(ribbing,frills etc)are all very cool.this is a very welcome addition to my library
on 29 September 2012
I have 2 other books from Nicky Epstein and they are all beautifully produced, with clear instructions and close up photographs so you can see what the samples should look like. There are examples of how to use the different edges, just in case you are stuck for ideas! This book is suitable for beginners and more advanced knitters alike. This would make a beautiful present for a knitting fanatic.
on 14 December 2014
Good book
on 11 March 2015
Bought for a friend's birthday. She is delighted with the book and I was delighted with the service I received.