on 10 July 2015
I bought this book so that I would be able to maintain my families mountain bikes myself. The book offers very easy to follow step step guides to carry out all of the maintenance tasks you will ever need to carry out. Even providing information on tools as well. An essential guide for anyone that owns a mountain bike!
on 31 December 2016
Nice book with actually many infos but I endedup using YouTube way more often because I really dom't know a thing about bikes and the description where just not enough for me. I needed someone to show it and there are not that many pictures in the book. But if you know already a bit about bikes then go for it.
on 17 August 2014
Bought this as my mate is no longer living near by,to take care of all my bike fixes for me.It's become my Bible,as a keen,all year round cyclist,and has been well worth the £15 or so I spent on it.Covers absolutely everything (even the simplest things!) so would be ideal for a complete beginner.Cheers!,Mr Zinn,I'll buy you a pint out of the many pounds I've saved in mechanic's fees!.
on 11 July 2014
Excellent book.

Feeling that I'd rather address issues myself & not rely on a shop, I opted for this based on the many positive reviews; the book has recouped its cost already.

I have used this to true the rear wheel on my road bike and correct gear shift and brakes on my older hybrid; I found the instructions very clear.
on 20 July 2017
Very good and help me do the jobs needed on my Eddy Merckx road bike with traditional brakes. Just a bit more of study required to do the jobs you need to do rather than just read once and crack on with the job if you know what I mean.
on 21 August 2014
Book looked good but if you are just looking to maintain your bike, fix common problems and repair/replace parts, this book is DEFINATELY not for you. Full of jargon and poor illustrations it is a book for someone who already has good engineering skills and a garage full of complex and expensive tools. It is also a little out of date with the latest bike technology General bike maintenance is not rocket science but this book makes it sound like it is.
on 30 July 2013
I ride approximately 200 miles a week commuting to and from work so took to doing my own maintenance. If you want to learn the basics then they're all still there, but also the more advanced details are still there which have been more than useful when I do a total strip down of my bike , of which cost £2000 & there's no way I'd have attempted it without this book!
2 people found this helpful
on 9 June 2014
English is not my first language 'cose I'm Italian, but In my humble opinion that is a great in deep manual about bike maintenance. Really, really usefull to understand most used components on road bike. Very nice zoom on Campagnolo and shimano sets.
A must have to understand every components working and eventually to put your hands on the bike.
on 9 June 2015
Truly amazing manual for anyone looking to maintain there road bike. Whatever your looking for it is in here & goes through in easy to follow step by step procedure with illustrations to help.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to do maintainance/upgrades to there bike.
on 5 December 2013
This book is getting a lot of use, and has helped me keep my beloved bike in much better condition. The detail can be off putting at first, but then you realise, the alternative is a generic book about how to tighten the break cable... the fact you are getting an in depth guide on how to address a problem with your brand (and model) of gear shifter is invaluable.