Customer reviews

on 24 March 2017
Its okay but the knot construction is rubbish and leaves you scratching your head which is really shame as all the information is there it just needs to be a lot clearer. If it had been I would have given it 5 starts
on 28 April 2013
Shows you easily and quickly how to tie knots. Pictures are easy to follow and the ideas are useful in some parts.
on 10 May 2010
Great book on rope bondage. Like their first book, Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes: A Step-By-Step, Illustrated Guide for Tying Sensual and Decorative Rope Bondage: A Step-by-step, Illustrated Guide to Tying Sensual and Decorative Rope Bondage, in this book, the Two Knotty Boys teach you, step by step, how to tie each knot and then how to incorporate them in beautiful, elaborate ties.

The ties and techniques in this book are sure to appeal to just about all kinds of rope bondage enthusiats: the aesthetically driven, who are looking for pretty ways to tie their lovers or sex partners; the more utilitarially driven, who are looking for inescapable bondage; and the rope purists, who would like to know how to use rope instead of leather harnesses, ball gags or blindfolds to the same effect.

Readers will find themselves immediately understanding even the finer points of each technique, thanks to step-by-step instructions and beautiful illustractive photos (now in color, whereas the previous title featured black and white only pictures) by Ken Marcus, occasionally dotted with the authors' witty remarks.

Despite the cover featuring two female models, on the inside readers will find out male bondage models alongside female models. Hardly any of the ties are gender specific.

A great book to read and use alongside Bondage for Sex: v. 1.
on 4 April 2009
Definitely recommended for rope-enthusiasts, very clear advice and as with the best manuals showing a sense of Humour. Major improvements this time around are that all the shots are in colour, markings on the ties make it a LOT easier to understand what is going on...

Whether your a competent rigger or someone who fancies "giving this a try...." its definitely worth owning
on 13 April 2009
The Two Knotty Boys, JD and Dan, have both outdone themselves once again, this time with FULL colour photography throughout the rather full book.

The pictures are clear, and anywhere it gets confusing they've edited the photos to highlight the leading end of rope, and the descriptions of exactly what is happening in each picture gives a good idea of what you're doing (or having done to you, if you're lucky) and the humour that has been toned back still injects the right level of cheekiness at the right time.

I've read both of the books by the TKBs, Showing you the Ropes and also Back on the Ropes, and the only thing that detracts from the second book is that they've treat it as though it was their first book all over again, making sure the same techniques are in whilst still showing you something new. It made me, a self-confessed bibliophile, skip chapters despite their inherent worth.

I've yet to use any of the Two Knotty Boys' techniques, as I prefer the styles I've learnt with, but I'm fast approaching the day when I'll have the book open next to me to help out.

All in all, a great read and (as far as I would say) a DEFINITE must for any Toybag/box, if only for reference material or inspiration.

Four out of Five, only because there isn't a "Four and a Half" selection!
on 17 February 2012
Book is ok, but not from complete starters. very basic knots are in the first book only. you should download their videos first in order to be able to use this book efficiently.
on 10 January 2014
Wish this had been around ten years earlier as I have missed out.
Photography clear and excellent and text witty clear informed and engaging.
I love the humour and that the boys do not get precious or preachy as others have, but see rope work as something to enjoy.

Some great ties and ideas to enhance anyone's rope work.

Difficult to praise too highly buy it, try it.
on 29 January 2011
I knew all the knots - I thought.

I knew som bondage-bindings.

This book is the perfect tool for learning at beeing better and better. I've read it now cover to cover at least 5 times - and still there is new material each time. The best buy I ever did. Thank you Knotty Boys - and please keep writing more books - or make som dvd's - - just keep on publishing so I can learn
on 10 March 2014
After doing a short course on beginners rope lessons, I looked for a book illustrating step by step instructions on other knots. Upon finding this, I ordered immediately and certainly haven't been disappointed. The book is so easy to follow, with illustrations as well as written instructions. A must buy for anyone wishing to learn the 'ropes'. I will be purchasing their other book Back on the ropes, too.
on 15 December 2010
as I loving this world, and I have been playing with rope for sometime I found this book very interesting as I gave me a new insight into doing the same thing but in a differant way.

I hope that you have as much enjoyment out of this, as I did