on 23 March 2008
The book is a great way to introduce you and/or partner into the rope bondage scene, It is very clearly laid out, with easy to follow step-by-step instructions on how to tie, and just as important, how to release the knots. The book is divided into several sections, firstly giving some useful hints and tips on the different types of rope out there and the pros and cons of each; this is followed by a guide to doing the do's and don'ts within rope bondage, including safety (very important); the basic knots are then covered; and finally sections on different applications of the specialist knots/positions e.g. dominance bondage or sexual use of knots & positions.

The book is written with a cheeky and fun sense of humour, and is not at all cliquey in its approach to rope bondage. It does mention that the styles shown in the book are not purely from the art of shibari (Japanese rope bondage): there are some western influences too.

It even has a recommended further reading list, should you wish to delve a little deeper into the scene, or learn more about the particulars.

And should you ever have chance to contact the Two Knotty Boys in real life or via myspace, you'll find that they really are down-to-earth friendly guys that are only too happy to help with queries.
on 14 April 2007
If you have never looked into this and want a positive, informative, fun book to get you started then this is it! It is clean, easy to follow and starts right at the top, with rope, kinds of rope, uses for, and tips on safty, health and so on to make it very informative.

The pictures are clear, colourfull and taken so that you see each and every stage of each tie, without going from one point to another and wondering how you got there!

if your starting out, or even a seasoned player, this is for you!
on 17 April 2009
I recently bought 'The Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage' in the hope of learning some basic techniques but was terribly disappointed. The diagrams are unclear and there are only a handful of techniques in quite a large book. I bought 'The Knotty Boys' in the hope that it would be a better introduction and I have to say I was VERY pleased. Clear, well paced instructions and a wide variety of knots from the very basic to the complex and aesthetically impressive. I couldn't recommend this book enough and will soon be purchasing the second volume.
on 18 September 2014
An easy to follow book with lots of diagrams showing many different styles of knots
and braiding which will come in handy for securing your product, subject or client as needed.
I purchased this book for kindle as a Portrait Client asked me if I knew about this type of
Japanese knotting and would I be willing to do a shoot in this fashion.

Well, I didn't know how, but I'm always willing to learn and do what I can to fulfil a clients needs.
So, I purchased it and read it in an afternoon and had practice all the knots within a week.
I'm just waiting for my client to make her appointment, for her requested shoot.

The main thing though, is that it explains things very easily, shows photographic images to
help people understand, and it also covers types of ropes, what they are best used for
and it also covers safety factors you need to know about each knot and rope type.

All I can say, is have fun with it, but please be mindful you can hurt the person being tied up.
on 12 April 2007
Always looking for new inspiration into BDSM play, I often looks at books, nd buy too many of them. Buying large books with few techniques seems to bemy way. two Knotty boys differs a lot. They deliver exciting new technique for the advanced player, step by step for the newcomer and everybody just love their inspiration, a great tnx for an excellent book.
on 9 July 2007
The bondage in this book is very American-style. Plenty of, "let's try to make this look more interesting by putting in double coin knots everywhere."

The explanations and the pictures are easy to understand. I learned a few things here like the dragonfly sleeve, but most of the info you can find online.

Given the choice between this and Midori's book, I'd choose Midori's. Midori's content is far more useful. She teaches principles that can be applied and adapted in every situation.

However, given the choice between Two Knotty Boys and anything by Jay Wiseman, I'd buy every copy of anything by Jay Wiseman and burn it! Then I'd buy this one.

I don't know why people rave about Jay Wiseman. His books are awful. Seriously - if you're choosing between this and anything by Jay Wiseman, then definitely choose Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes.
on 8 August 2013
Excellent! A must have if you want to get into rope/shibari!! It breaks up even complex ties and knots into easy to follow step by step instructions with photo illustrations! So what looks impressive is often not as hard as it seems! Brilliant book and was dispatched and delivered quickly would highly recommend!
on 1 April 2016
My sub loves this book, and if I would allow her she would tell you herself, but she doesn't have my permission! All I can say is that this is a great guide for those wishing to take their BDSM bondage skills to a new and exciting level
on 29 April 2014
This book is fantastic! The pictures and text demonstrate clearly how each knot should be tied, and before you even reach the end it gives you the tools to start creating your own harnesses and ties.

I'll definitely be buying the follow up as soon as I've mastered all of the knots and techniques in this one!
on 26 November 2015
Everyone talks about these guys, and in theory this book is great - but let's be honest, most people don't want to know how to make a bit out of rope. They want to tie someone up. This book is all frills, no substance to the ties.