Customer reviews

XSLT Quickly
Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 February 2017
I wish I'd discovered this book before I had bought the others. It gets right to the point and explains things so well, setting everything in context at just the right pace. I don't know why other authors make such heavy weather of this (initially daunting) subject, but given a basic familiarity with XML this is the one to get, along with, of course, Michael Kay's standard work on the subject, XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Programmer's Reference.

Save yourself a lot of time and energy and get these two books, even if you can only find used copies. XSLT Quickly indeed! Highly recommended!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 September 2010
I was asked by a client to provide custom in-house reporting systems for their EDI-based supply chain and customer ordering infrastructure. Not being an XML guru, I have been putting this off for most of this year (I write in September 2010). At Easter I had made a start using the O'Reilly XSLT "bible" by Tidwell but failed dismally and was forced to park the whole project until after the summer.

Last week I bought Bob DuCharme's XSLT Quickly and within days I had the basic elements in test in the client's organisation. Don't be put off by the age of this book - the content is still current and valid and Bob DuCharme writes clearly and succinctly. The essential elements are here for most developers' needs and, along with additional resources available on the publisher's internet site, it's easy to track down any further information you may require.

If you have a live XML/XSLT issue that needs a rapid solution then this really is the book for you.
on 16 September 2001
This is one of the most important books to come out on the subject of XSLT. Carefully written to be quickly understandable and informative. The book contains examples of all the major areas of XSLT and it's use with XML, giving the reader a good growning into what is becomeing one of the most powerfull internet languages.I would recommend this book to any one who is new to XSLT or who wishs to push there no-how of the language to new highs.