on 28 May 2001
The coverage is good, including a section on how to set up autoconf and configure which I found most helpful. Introductory chapters are fine, but the central section just introduces the KDE widgets one by one. IMHO it would have been much better had the space been given to expanding the last couple of chapters. They're ok, but these were the kind of questions I'd hoped would be answered in more depth e.g. how to set up accelerator keys for things *other* than the standard operations.
As a result, the book seemed little more than an extended example, expanding on the existing documentation. This would have been useful (as the documention is incomplete) except that only the well-covered sections were dealt with. However, I may be being unduly harsh as it was well checked and made a good, clear introductory text.