Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Really useful book, perfect for A Level RE students and great tips too, accessible, straightforward. Recommended for students of Religious Sturies and or philosophy
on 8 January 2014
I bought this book to see whether I would recommend it to my students. Short answer - no! I personally thought that it said very little of value, and in particular would confuse AS students.
on 16 April 2015
Excellent service, just what we wanted
on 10 June 2014
Purchased to assist daughter with A level revision and practice. This was an expensive mistake, £15 plus delivery for a book with only 97 pages and it is only A5 size; so there is not actually that much useful information included. This book promises a lot, but comes up short. Not enough useful examples, my advice....try borrow one from the library or buy 2nd hand, definitely NOT worth the money. Purchased on the back of the author, but feel very ripped off.
on 22 March 2013
I am only a student at A2 but retaking AS level as I was a grade short of an A and need one for my offers. Writing essays was my problem but this book in how to write them is exactly what I've been looking for as it explains it so well and has examples.
The supporting Philosophical investigations website is the most useful resource I have to getting good grades and is incredibly helpful. When I saw they sold these books I was amazed and the sample chapter showed how thorough they were yet easy to grasp and well written
on 11 April 2014
Some useful tips but nothing ground breaking and not written in a format that is easily accessible by sixth form students.
on 6 November 2015
This book is a wonderful book. Whether you are looking for confirmation you wrote the essay right, or you need a how-to guide, this will help you write the best essay. Written by an experience professor who taught the material, this is a true gem.

This book is different in that it uses actual examples of essays written and analyzes them to show how to write an effective one. The book takes you through each section of an essay and how to write each one and connect them so you answer the question of the essay thoroughly and make relevant points that are backed up with fact, comparison, or other tools. It helps define what a logical argument is and how to make one, for example.

In addition to the easy to understand, yet comprehensive nature of this book, you get access to even more resources online. This is a very exciting feature as I rely on my mobile devices and the web for help with a lot of information for classes.

This book is simply a must have. I can read it anywhere, even during class because it is light and easy to navigate straight to the section I need. The layout of each chapter lets me easily find the information within seconds. The additional digital resources are key to digging deeper for fuller understanding, and the use of real essays for teaching how to write one is the icing on the cake.
on 31 March 2016
Revision guide for my son. Helped him in his studies. Delivery was prompt.