Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 December 2013
Well Kevin Kennedy was very frank about his life good and bad. I enjoyed his down to earth approach as he took us through his life. The insight to his talent and hard work mixed with a fun and normal social drinking that eventually got out of control. How he handled this and turned his life around. The main parts of the book give us an informed background to the street and it's characters over the years. I am sad now as I have reached the last page. My thanks to Kevin Kennedy
on 15 May 2014
I was a huge fan of the Curly and Reg years in Corrie, those two together were comedy gold and I miss them so much ,having watched Corrie for 40 years ,Curly and Reg are my all-time favourite characters ,Even better than Stan and Hilda!

I am also a fan of Kevin's song Bulldog Nation, a much underrated song and his album Present Kennedy has stonking songs on it too!

I bought this book hoping it would be interesting, instead I found it completely addictive I could not put it down and read it a little over a day, it is so honest, sometimes sad and with a very strong inspirational message, I loved it, I am now not only a fan of Kevin Kennedy the actor and singer I am now a huge fan of Kevin Kennedy the man.

I still hope he will return to Corrie one day and maybe Reg too, now that would be amazing.

This book is a must read. Brilliant.
on 4 December 2013
an inspirations to anyone who thinks they may be drinking more than they should. If Kevin can get back from the depths he'd got to and achieve what he has since shows it's possible for anyone who wants to even try.
on 11 February 2014
Triumph over adversity. Yes i know people will say alcoholism is self inflicted but believe me i know from experience it is NOT a deliberate act at all. Kevin's story is open,honesty and most of all thought provoking. I applaud anyone who beats the demon that is alcohol
on 12 June 2014
I bought this book two days ago and have just finished reading It.This book is an honest life story with the beginning starting with his bad problems with alcoholism and rehabilitation..This book is a cant put down book-I Like the stories of the coronation street years,his younger days being a friend of Johnny Marr[ex smiths] his love of music and he comes across as a really nice bloke.Kevins portrayal of curly watts was spot on.In my opinion he really shone in the role as randy Regs sidekick in the supermarket-as one reviewer has pointed out,would love to see them both back in the street..
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 February 2015
Actor Kevin Kennedy's story will inspire and encourage. Forever remembered as unlucky-in-love Curly Watts in 'Coronation Street', Kevin became one of the show's most recognisable characters, but behind the TV fame, he had to deal with a drink problem that nearly killed him.

In 'The Street to Recovery', he candidly talks about how his social drinking spiralled out of control, but how he ultimately kicked his addictions and rebuilt his life. But this is more than just the story of a former alcoholic's journey, in this warm, witty and candid book, Kevin reveals behind-the-scenes stories of his time on the nation's favourite TV soap, as well as his musical activities away from the programme. I had a look on YouTube and found a TV performance of him performing his single ''Bulldog Nation'', and was very impressed, it was a really good song.

My respect for Kevin Kennedy increased after reading 'The Street to Recovery', and his story will inspire anybody currently battling their demons. I only hope TV bosses, especially those on 'Coronation Street' have to good sense to revive his acting career on the small screen once again.
on 12 April 2016
I read this book as I was myself on the way to drinking too much, Athough I never needed it every day I was a binge drinker and denied it, I suffered panic attacks, anxiety, and no self confidence I too got help and realised that depression, caused by drinking was affecting everything I did, I stopped took up art and slowly got my confidence back. Kevin being in the spotlight must have been terrible, I am so glad he made it, his story is inspirational.
on 14 February 2014
Wasn't quite sure what to expect from this book, but after reading the first few lines I found it difficult to put down. Kevin Kennedy gives a very honest account of his life and its ups and downs. Very interesting read.
on 2 December 2013
What a great read ..I was amazed by his story and astounded at how much he had done before we actually got to see him on coronation street .
on 27 July 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this. A very honest account told through feelings not sensationalism. I feel I learnt a lot about life & being optimistic even when life throws its worst at you. Although primarily an autobiography, this will remain one of those books I return to when a boost of positivity & balance is needed. Loved it