Customer reviews

Road Kill: Charlie Fox Book Five (Charlie Fox Crime Thrillers)
Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 February 2014
Well, it has been far too long since I spent time with Charlie Fox in book 4, and it appears that I even forgot to review it (I know…duh duh duh…shock horror). Anyway, I decided to delve back into Charlie’s world and get back in touch with the all too fierce Charlie and Mr Sean Meyer. For those that haven’t read any of the books in the series, I warn you now DON’T CARRY ON READING! Ultimately there will be spoilers because you have no knowledge of what has gone on beforehand. Also, I might like to point out, if you are one of the few that haven’t read them…why not? You are missing out!

Anyway, the first thing I felt when I opened the book and started was like I was visiting friends that I hadn’t seen for ages. The book starts out ratcheted up to full drama with Charlie’s friend Claire ending up in hospital following a fatal bike accident. With one person dead and her friend being operated on Charlie realises that the ‘accident’ appears to be far more sinister. Of course Charlie decides that she needs to not only help her friend, but get to the bottom of why. Enter Sean Meyer, Charlie’s boss and you have yourself a rather hairy situation that rapidly gets more mysterious.

Before long Charlie is in the thick of a group of illegal road racers and her friends seem to be involved somewhere along the line, she just has to figure out how. The one thing that is glaringly obvious from this book, a lot more than previous ones is Zoe Sharp’s love of bikes. This journey sees Charlie heavily involved in an illegal bike racing gang and by the time I was halfway through, I reckon I could have told you more about riding a motorbike from half this book, than I have known in my entire 30 plus something years on this planet. This certainly wasn’t a negative in my opinion, if anything it just makes you realise how passionate these riders are (as I’m guessing Zoe herself is too).

As with any Sharp/Fox book, Charlie inevitably gets herself into some very dangerous situations, which makes for a pretty tense read. The actual storyline itself maybe wasn’t my favourite in the series so far but was a brilliantly good read as usual. I know that I have over 150 books left in my ‘to read’ pile, but for some reason I think I need to go straight to book 6 in this series (it’s definitely been too long). Zoe Sharp has created a great lead character, and has produced consistently solid reads to date. I’m already looking forward to the next one
on 14 August 2017
Brilliant
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 November 2010
Fifth in the Charlie Fox series, this sees her back at home when a close friend in involved in a motor-bike accident. Bikers, road races, a trip to Dublin and illegal trading all combine in this story - and Charlie needs the help of her ex-boss and sometime lover, Sean Meyer, to sort things out.

I've only just discovered Zoe Sharp and am hooked already. She writes tough and unflinching crime-thriller novels based around her uncompromising heroine Charlie Fox whose ex-Special Forces training makes her more than a match for the men around her.

In particular, the fraught relationship between Charlie and the lovely Sean Meyer really raise the emotional stakes. Excellent read.
on 22 February 2009
the auther has an in depth knowledge of the north west and the lake district,she uses this to good advantage when creating a novel which is very difficult to put down having plenty of action,mystery and suspense
on 19 February 2012
I loved this book. It still makes me want to ride a fast bike myself. Zoe's own enthusiasm for her bike riding flows through Charlie - I suspect an element of her own experiences on the road are in this book but if it was me, I'd definitely deny everything! The delectable Sean - what more can I say without giving anything away? The illegal bike racing through to the Irish road trip, I couldn't put this down - even to sleep! The whole Charlie Fox series will leave you wanting more and more...! Not one of Zoe's books has failed to deliver. Each one has been action packed with a completely different storyline.
on 14 September 2013
ROAD KILL: Charlie Fox book five (the Charlie Fox crime thriller series) What a blast for fans of motorbikes, tough women and the north of England. This is Charlie Fox at her best. Relentlessly pursuing the facts behind the near killing of her best friend and uncovering a plot in which a biker's club is involved. The pace is pretty relentless and the price to be paid may be higher than she thought. I could feel the wind in my hair, thrill once more in that feeling of power ready to be unleashed. First class stuff to keeps the fans awake.
on 27 July 2012
The gem of reading series novels is the character development and here we see Charlie Fox maturing,changing her attitudes towards Sean,her parents and her friends, Jacob and Claire and finally starting to put her past traumas behind her. The biker bits are an obvious passion of the author and the plot daring and fast. A great read.
on 14 February 2013
This series I accidentally bumped into on the kindle store and I think this Is one of the best series of books I have eve read definitely recommend this Book and series because it is gripping and can't rate it high enough a must buy
on 23 January 2013
Brilliant,,,,read the whole series in order! Tension,action,thrills and spills,follow Charlie Fox's rollercoaster ride of a life as she goes from one life threatening situation to another!!!!
on 31 May 2012
I really love the Charlie Fox books by Zoe Sharp, this particular Charlie Fox book is very readable, the story flows and there are a lot of thrills. It is a very good read.