Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 February 2015
This is the fourth in the Charlie Fox series: after the events in the body-guard training school in Germany (Hard Knocks), Charlie goes to Florida to work with Sean on her first body-guard assignment. But things rapidly get out of hand (of course!) as her teenage charge is pursued by a raft of villains - and the lovely Sean disappears...

I love these book and can't believe they're not better known. Sharp writes brilliant action thrillers that never flag but which are leavened by superb characterisation and an intense emotional edge, especially in the fraught relationship between Charlie and Sean.

If you can, it's best to read these books in order, although I haven't managed to. This is another compulsive and addictive read - only dropping one star for the lack of Sean throughout most of the book. Highly recommended.
on 26 April 2012
This series of books is absolutely brilliant. I found the author through a friend of a friend on Facebook and thought I would give them a go. I cannot put them down, I am up till all hours reading and they are totally brilliant.

Each book is so different to the last, this one follows Charlie when she takes on her first Close Protection job. It has so many twists and turns in it and again, as with her other books, you are unsure who to trust and at times I was thinking how is she going to get out of this.

Zoe Sharp is now at the top of my favourite author list and I'm not quite what to do when I finish these books as they will be a hard act to follow!
on 6 June 2012
A fast action packed book about Charlie Fox - this time the close protection work is centred in the States with your 'everyday Kevin/Perry type teenager'...enough selfish attitude to put most people off kids for life.

But from the first page's stomach churning rollercoaster to the last page I was hooked. I've read every one of Zoe's books at least twice, and enjoyed every one. I can't say which specific one would be a favourite as I've enjoyed the variety of plots, scenery and characters throughout.

Suffice it to say though, I so wish I'd learnt to ride a motorbike when I was younger and everytime I pick up a Charlie Fox book, that thought comes back. What can I say - please write faster, Zoe...I can't wait for the newest book to come out!

FIRST DROP: Charlie Fox book four

Hope you enjoy this fast moving story as much as I did.
on 24 April 2012
An excellent read, we have read all of Zoe Sharps books and I rate her as good as Lee Child. My husband came across the first book by accident (he doesn't read woman authors but has enjoyed them all.
on 19 June 2013
Once again Zoe has written a book that I found hard to put down! The action is fast and furious, Charlie is a proper heroine and as good as any of the men, if not better.

I really enjoyed the whole of the book, although it was the
second time around, and was sorry once again when I had finished it. The book would be a good read for just about anyone
Thank you Zoe for a very good read. I shall read all of Zoe's books again as I really have enjoyed them, come on Zoe please write another story with Sean and Charlie as the lead characters.
on 13 July 2013
This series of books is by probably the best author around at the moment. Zoe Sharp consistently deliveres top notch thrillers. This book has our heroine Charlie Fox on the run with an obnoxious teenage boy, with no backup, no idea what has happened to Sean, her boss, and trying to stay one step ahead of the bad guys. To say I loved this novel would be an understatement. At last a kick-ass heroine who delivers, not simpers....But only when necessary;)
on 21 May 2013
FIRST DROP: Charlie Fox book four (the Charlie Fox crime thriller series) Once again Charlie Fox is mixing it with the hard men, and taking plenty of knocks in the process. A little too much of the gun culture for me, however, it's a great story that's fast paced, keeps you turning pages, and, even though the reader knows Charlie will survive, it does have the reader wondering if this is the end.
on 10 January 2014
Another excellent adventure for Charlie Fox. It is amazing she manages to survive in one peace. Trying her hand as a body card to a spoilt American teenager she gets caught up in a raft of intrigue and ends up as a prime suspect for a series of murders. An outstanding story.
on 19 December 2012
Bought several books from this series as they were a cheap read but found them a good read. A little bit far-fetched (super woman) but well written compared to some other series. Well be keeping an eye open for the rest.
on 6 September 2013
If you have not read any of the Charlie Fox Series by Zoe Sharp you just have to try them. My only advise would be to read them in order as they follow through from book to book. They are addictive!!