on 8 August 2017
Best cooking book I've ever had!
I've been living in Japan for half a year, and started missing the food when I came home to Europe.
So far this book has taught me how to make my own Buldogu sosu, Okonomiyaki, Gengis Khan, Japanese style Bulgogi and Ramen.. All very delicious.
I've love just reading randomly in this book as well, because it also tells some of the stories behind the dishes, -and the pictures are nice..
on 4 May 2014
Nice clear recipes - good intro to Japanese cooking, well laid out & easy to follow with interesting techniques. Recommended.
on 7 September 2016
The recipes in this book are quick, easy and tasty. the detail that goes into each section is outstanding giving you a deep understanding of the foods
on 26 May 2014
Brilliant book-fun,vibrant,earthy,and full of recipes soused in foreign influences,but still finished with classy Japanese style.Every recipe is a yummy treasure..
on 7 January 2016
Really lovely book , was bought for my son who loves Japanese food .
He absolutely loved it ,
Was delivered well packaged & in great condition .
Would definatly order another as great service . Thankyou . .
on 27 April 2017
My husband is English but I'm Japanese.
So we eat Japanese meal often.
I bought this book for my son's Christmas gift.
Because son has left home and only coming home for Christmas.
So I thought this book will help him to cook proper Japanese food.
I looked at the contents and I thought the recipe is correct
and easy to follow and I saw many authentic Japanese food.
including very popular food in Japan.
And the pictures on the each page was so good
I thought worth buying for even just for the pictures.
My son is very happy with the book.

PS : Easiest and delicious one is
I think KARA-AGE(Japanese fried chicken)
Must try Japanese Curry(Delicious!!)
TONKATSU( bread crumb coated fried pork) is
good but makes mess in the kitchen.So I make
many of them same time and freeze so as GYOZA.
on 1 January 2015
This book needs to be tried. I became motivated to try my hand at japanese food after several good evenings out. I have never been to Japan, so I don't have room for comparison with "authentic" japanese food.

The recipes are all great, and not too challenging from a technical perspective, just as soul cooking should be.

The book itself is a pleasure to cruise through and there is an abundance of good reading about the history and story behind the dishes.

It also has useful colloquial short cuts that are clearly popular in Japan, with various prefab food being recommended to save time, but they are optional if you want to try the whole thing.

I have, and will continue to recommend this book to my friends and family that have enjoyed this food.
on 6 January 2017
Brought this for my brother after he came back from a holiday in Japan and he absolutely loves it. Has already tried out numerous recipes are reports they are easy to follow and delicious. His only criticism was that some of the ingredients where not that readily available, but other than that he was very happy! The layout of the book is really pleasant, with some great pictures so you at least know what you should be aiming for!
on 1 May 2014
Fantastic recipes, including some unusual ones. Not too many specialist ingredients, but a deep fat frier would be useful for many recipes.
on 28 November 2015
I'm Japanese from London. I have bought this book for my English partner who adores Japanese cuisine. I'm quite impressed with loads of historic and geographical descriptions on each recipe. I'm originally from Hokkaido and particularly loved the explanation about Hokkai-don.