Customer reviews

on 5 November 2013
I savored this book over a few months- taking a chapter and letting it sit with me for a week or so. I love the practical exercises that allowed me to absorb and connect with the information in the chapter. The real life examples and analogies worked well for me, and excerpts of poetry hit home. An insightful read.
on 3 September 2014
If you are looking for a practical guide to Buddhist ethics with plenty of examples of modern-day ethical dilemmas then this is the book for you. I have bought other books on Buddhist ethics in the past but this book is by far the best - highly recommended
on 23 February 2014
I wanted a book to help me understand how I can realistically live my life more ethically. It is a thought provoking book with useful exercises.
on 2 February 2015
A very good introduction to Buddhist ethical thought. I was particularly drawn to the title and the text inside talked a lot about becoming "skilful" rather than abiding by a list of rules. This resonates with me, although I'm not a Buddhist, as I like this kind of philosophy.
on 25 March 2014
Great book and writer. I will have the chance to see her at the Manchester Buddhist Centre where she'll be doing a book launch on this particular book.
I find it easy and very accessible. full of tips from a wise author.
on 9 September 2013
For those who are sincere about how to live a ethical life based in Buddhist principles this guide is great. Written by a women living in London this practical guide is both clear and helpful.
on 30 January 2014
I have never heard ethics approached in such a clear and beautiful way before, to practice like this, is to truly be alive.
on 28 April 2015
Someone who gets it.i have often pondered and this confirmed some thinking, as well as getting me thinking further. I especially liked how the author explains we use metaphors to attempt to understand the non explainable, and the mystery. Someone who speaks my sort of spiritually and thought, and who has articulated it beautifully.
on 22 January 2015
A warm and well written little book which does a pretty good job of explaining Bhuddist ethics and how it fits in with meditation practice. Highly recommended.
on 26 September 2014
Chose Kindly version to save on space. Very good book and am learning a lot about Buddhist ethics. I meditate regularly and have become vegetarian.