on 23 September 2017
Olivia works for a mortal organization, Archangel, studying demon and fae species, but she's currently stripped of her rank and high privileges due to a betrayal and lack of judgment. Attempting to regain her despair, (and her ego), she's gifted a gorgeous, bloodied specimen to examine. But under her inspection her unconscious guest awakens, attacks and takes her blood.
Loren, is a 5000yr old elf Prince. He's literally been dumped, half dead, on Archangels doorstep by his biggest enemy...his brother, Vail. It isn't until he attacks the human scientist that he realizes she's his fated mate. But the war with his brother means he must sacrifice his love and happiness for the sake of his people.
Ok, that's about it in a nutshell but it took well over half the book for the story to progress. There was an awful lot of repetition. She wants him. No she doesn't. He wants her. No he can't. It went on and on. Then they had sex. So he's not giving her up now...And she tries to hide herself like they didn't bump uglies...blah blah blah.
He was kinda whimsical and mellow to be a ruthless, stand-up protector of his people, and she came across as a bit 'blonde' at times.
Overall, it was ok. The characters, the storyline, the sex scenes, the fight scenes...well everything really. Just ok.
Found it free and wouldn't be tempted to buy the next. 2.5*
One person found this helpful
on 30 November 2013
This is the first book in a new series called Eternal Mates, written by one of my favourite authors. I loved it!

Olivia is a character that I grew to like. I wasn't sure if I liked her at first, because she came across as a bit weak and whiny. However, she finds her backbone, and my respect for her grew. She is a human scientist, but when she meets Loren, sparks fly!

Loren is a fantastic character. He is an Elfin Prince and a fierce warrior. He is very much an alpha type male, with a strong protective streak and a huge ego to boot! I really liked this character. He has a wicked sense of humour under that armour he wears, as well as a strong code of honour.

This looks like it's going to be another fantastic series! I love the way the characters interact with each other. Loren has a best friend that I am REALLY wanting to know better! *wink, wink, nudge, nudge!* Blue sounds like a great man to know. He compliments his Prince by being the practical no-nonsense go-to guy when trouble brews. That doesn't mean that Loren is a slouch in that department, but when his emotions concerning his brother, Vail, cloud his judgment, Blue is the one to keep him grounded.
Sable is Olivia's best friend and a Hunter; one of the elite warriors working for Archangel, which is an organisation that polices the paranormal citizens living on Earth. I liked this character too, as she is most definitely feisty! Her "shoot first, take prisoners second" attitude made me smile for some unknown reason. A weird reaction, I know, but there you have it!.

The story gripped me from the first page, and I loved the way the author has created a whole new dimension to explore! When I read that Loren was Elfin, I was expecting a "Legolas" type of character. Nope! Not even close! Think beefier and (if at all possible) sexier!
The elfin world is not as thoroughly described as I would have liked, but what was described intrigued me! A realm within a realm, Loren's home is an oasis in a dark and dangerous world.
There is a cameo appearance by some familiar vampires and a succubus from the Vampire Erotic Theatre series, but it's so short if you blinked, you'd miss it! Nevertheless, I am looking forward to meeting them again in later books. There is also one similarity to the Vampire Erotic Theatre series in this one; there is a character that is seriously dangerous. Vail has been at war with his brother for millennia. However, all is not as it seems, and I am looking forward to reading his story. I'm just not sure that Snow will appreciate the competition!

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! She is on the top of my favourite authors list!

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit bedroom scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, succubi, incubi and demons. - Lynn Worton
4 people found this helpful
on 30 November 2013
'Kissed by a Dark Prince' is the first book in a new series from Felicity Heaton. I have been (not so) patiently waiting for this book since Felicity first mentioned her ideas for the series some time ago.
Set in London around the same time as the VET books, the Eternal Mates series introduces another world to explore and is full of new and interesting paranormal species - this delights me as PNR is my favourite genre!

The heroine, Olivia, is a female scientist who works with a demon hunting organisation called 'Archangel' - there she studies paranormal specimens to identify & discover more about them.
Loren, our Hero is an elf prince who mysteriously turns up literally on the doorstep of the building Olivia works in.
Waking up in a strange place, injured and out of sorts Loren needs blood to help him heal. Disoriented and with the allure of her blood too much to resist, Loren bites Olivia and a mating bond between the 2 of them starts to form.
We soon discover there are unknown, darker forces at work and Olivia & Loren meeting is more than just a coincidence........

As ever, Felicity brings us an action packed, fast paced story with a deliciously hot hero, a feisty heroine, mystery, some twists & turns, a bit of humour and a healthy dose of heat & passion.

Throughout the story we are introduced to Sable, a demon hunter who works with Olivia, and Bleu who is Loren's best friend & right hand man - I <3 Bleu and can't wait to read more about him....
There's a few other characters involved in Loren & Olivia's story new & old (see if you can spot a surprise appearance by someone from VET!! - can't wait to see who else pops up in future books!) ;-) but rather than tell you about them all I'm gonna leave you to meet them yourself - I'm really looking forward to catching up with them all in their own stories!!

I am a huge fan of Felicity's work and have loved all that I've read. Kissed by a Dark Prince is a definite 5* hit for me and I'm sure the rest of The Eternal Mates series is gonna be just as fantastic!!!

Fans of Felicity's books will love this new world - and if you haven't yet read anything by Felicity, grab yourself a copy of 'Kissed' and see what you've been missing!!!

**I received an ARC copy from the author in return for an honest review**
3 people found this helpful
on 7 April 2017
I brought this Series quite sometime ago and whilst looking through my old books decided to read them again. All I can say I'd that my tastes have changed and that what I once thought were sweet and endearing I now find irritating. Olivia I remember as a strong decisive female lead I now think she is fickle. Brake the bond and stay away or don't and shut up about it. Great read in my twenties not some much in my thirties. May suit YA readers more
One person found this helpful
on 31 January 2017
The first in the Eternal Mates series. This one introduces us to Prince Loren, a Fae Prince, and his human mate, Olivia. The book was explosive from the start. Prince Loren is strong, an Alpha male who takes all challenges head on. Olivia, at first I wasn't sure about her, but she grew on me throughout the book. The way she stood up for herself both in her world and his was encouragement for women everywhere. Loren has a sense of humour, which is rare for Fae, a first for me, other Fae books ive read don't have a lot of humour in them. I love the way they interact with each other and how their love draws in the others around them. I look forward to reading the forthcoming series of books. Love the books and the characters.
on 30 December 2016
Really enjoyed Felicity Heaton's Kissed by a dark Prince , found it very intriguing , the idea that these supernatural creatures all have a ki'ara Loren found his in Olivia, though I was a bit perplexed over his reasons for breaking the bond , they didn't seem to be that valid so i was very pleased he changed his mind and decided to win Olivia for his life mate. She was a teensy bit stubborn in my opinion If had a super buff pointy eared hotty wanted to take me from the mortal realm and make me a princess, WELL LET ME SEE !!!! YES!!!!! No brainer. Will be interesting to see where this is going am very much looking forward to Sable's story.
on 1 December 2013
An exciting new series by the talented Felicity Heaton we are introduced to a World of different Species and let me tell you they're are HOT!!

This is the first book in the Eternal Mates Series This book is about A dark Prince called Loren who is an Elf and Prince of his Kingdom, he's a rather HOT 6 foot Hunky Elf ( pointed Ears too)! Yum. He has been attacked and more or less left for dead outside the Organisation called Archangel, the organisation specialty is research on Demons, Fae and other Species.

Olivia is a High Ranking Scientist / Doctor and works for the organisation, apparently she's previously made a mistake which she is now paying for and has been demoted of her High level Ranking, she's been sent to London to do research at the facility, (even though its already been extensively done) she's not happy and knows she's being punished.

The Story draws you in as do the characters Loren is a Hottie, and Oliver is a strong Woman with a Heart of gold she loves to gain as much information as she can about all the different types of Species, and the chemistry between them is explosive.

There are some funny elements too that made me chuckle, lots of action in the Romance Dept.and in Battle, and there are some other really Hot sexy Males.

This book contains all of the wonderful elements of a Paranormal Romance that Felicity writes,one Hunky Prince Elf, One Hunky seriously Sexy second in command, one gorgeous" Human" Woman leading Lady and her co-worker a kick ass Demon Hunter and throw in a tainted & tormented Brother and an Evil Witch, what more could you ask.

I received an ARC of this book for an Honest review.

Waiting patiently for the next book out in this series, well done Felicity really loved this new and exciting series. Roll on book 2

This book gets 5 Stars from me (that's not unusual for me I love Felicity's books)

If you love Paranormal Romance and love lots of different Species then you will definitely love this New Series.
Felicity Heaton writes lots of Paranormal Romances involving Vampires, Werewolves, Succubus, Witches and the list goes on and on its endless but all so worth the read, so if you've not read any of her books go check them out you won't regret it.
on 22 June 2014
Sufficently different take on vampire lore to make it interesting, this book is the first in a new series. Olivia finds herself bitten by Loren, an Elven Prince. He discovers she is his mate, and seeks to BREAK the bond, to save his kingdom. Add an evil brother hell bent on killing Loren, and a wicked witch, you got a hell of a tale!

really liked it, not quite a five star read, but 4.5, most definiately! Loved that we heard from both Olivia and Loren, and loved the neat tricks the Elven men could do, the armour, especially!

its well written, moves along, with quite a bit of world building, but its not told to you all in one fell swoop, you get bits here and there. I loved the interaction between Olivia and Loren when she is telling him off, and speaking her mind, HE loves it too, being a prince not many will tell him what they think. It leads into the next book well, with an overlap of characters. im hoping that Loren and Olivia play a part in that one too.

i have read one or two other books by Heaton, but will be on the lookout for more!
on 15 May 2016
I decided to read this book based on the reviews on here. I am have read about 30 percent of it and I have to say I am struggling to finish it. I don't if I will even bother finishing it. I am finding both Olivia and Loren so annoying. I can't seem to warm up to either of them. I am also finding the author's style of writing not to my liking. I find her very repetitive. On a plus note there is potential for the series to be good the story itself is not bad. I just don't like the characters and the style of writing.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 March 2015
Well what can I say? I loved this one from the first line, "Olivia had never seen anything like the male specimen on the inspection table in front of her" to the last...... ah come on, that would be giving spoilers, which I hate to do, So Sorry not going to tell you, we are introduced to a few characters in this book, now my favourite is Bleu, which will yours be? Felicity has a writing style that is similar to alot of authors out there but she has a special twist which keeps you on the edge of your seat, would highly recommend this one to get you into the rest of the series and at a meagre 99p, it is a real bargain, as its 218 pages, with a snippet from book 2 at the end, well worth it.